Windows 10: Windows 10 Display Language -- Change from US to UK

Discus and support Windows 10 Display Language -- Change from US to UK in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All I have created a image which has been deployed out to ~100 machines or so. We have only realised that the windows display language is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andy12345, Aug 22, 2019.

1. andy12345 Win User

Windows 10 Display Language -- Change from US to UK

Hi All

I have created a image which has been deployed out to ~100 machines or so. We have only realised that the windows display language is set to "English (united states). We need this to say "English (United Kingdom)

I have downloaded the English UK pack and have deployed this out to machines, this now installs and when i go to Windows display language it allows me to change it from US to UK.

I need help with automating this step as i do not want to email users to change this. How can i automate this via regedit or a script.

I have tried the following command

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList
    $MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "en-US"
    $LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)
    Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

but it returns back with false

On the machine when i do a powershell and check the language using $LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList it does not state that the US is there but only UK. But when i check in control pane both languages are displayed.

Any ideas guys

Thanks

:)

andy12345, Aug 22, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Maestro Win User
    Add, Remove, and Change Display Language in Windows 10  

If you go add language pack and select english it's listed there....
    Windows 10 Display Language -- Change from US to UK [​IMG]

Maestro, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Adalwar Win User

Problem with input languages (changing)

I did understand your Point, that UK is appearing and it should not and you have no means to "delete/remove it".
    So, the conclusion is that something is mismatch on your system.
    There is a bad entry in System and you have to correct it.
    Lets go step-by-step, to see if system override the bad entry.
    You have 2 Screen Languages installed. Go to each of the Languages, in Control Panel, choice "Options" and make sure there is no UK Keyb there.
    If you do not see any UK Keyb, then move your GR Language UP and remove the US Language. (I assume you can read GR Display Language)
    If system does not allow to remove US language, then go to "Override Display Language...." and choice "Use List". Change also the settings for "Welcome Screen,NEw Account,...." and copy the settings (it means to put GR as default).
    Reboot
    Now, go again to that Control Panel to the option "Override for Windows Display" in Advanced Settings and see which languages are available there. It should be Present GR and one more Language , probably UK, and this one is your Native OS Language.

Please tell me what are your needs in terms of DISPLAY Language (for Menus and so on), if you need GR and EN, or only GR or only EN. And which Keyb you need, US rather UK (I do not know which is the difference) and GR.

Adalwar, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Display Language -- Change from US to UK - Similar Threads - Display Language Change

2. Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK: I have a Microsoft Wedge keyboard with UK layout.However when I pair it with any device, the actual layout is US which does not correspond to the symbols on the actual keyboard, so "#" appears instead of "£" for example.How can I change the regional layout of the keyboard to...
  3. Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK: I have a Microsoft Wedge keyboard with UK layout.However when I pair it with any device, the actual layout is US which does not correspond to the symbols on the actual keyboard, so "#" appears instead of "£" for example.How can I change the regional layout of the keyboard to...
  4. Is there anyway to change my display language to UK but keep my physical US keyboard as a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to change my display language to UK but keep my physical US keyboard as a...: I am in the UK with a US keyboard. Is there anyway that I can have British English as my display language as in autocorrect will correct me in British English e.g. when I type color it will give me colour as the correction while still keeping the US keyboard settings for...
  5. Is there anyway to change my display language to UK but keep my physical US keyboard as a...

Is there anyway to change my display language to UK but keep my physical US keyboard as a...: I am in the UK with a US keyboard. Is there anyway that I can have British English as my display language as in autocorrect will correct me in British English e.g. when I type color it will give me colour as the correction while still keeping the US keyboard settings for...
  6. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  7. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  8. Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english: I have been attempting to change my keyboard language for some time now I have already tried the obvious things such as going into settings and changing all of my settings to English and even syncing my Microsoft account settings. However, the problem still persists. What...
  9. Keyboard display has changed from UK to US (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard display has changed from UK to US (Windows 10): Following an M/S update the keyboard display has changed to US standard. As a result, I cannot use certain special characters, eg. the symbol for GBP shows as #. When I go into settings and try to reset to the UK standard, nothing happens....
  10. How to change from US to UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change from US to UK keyboard?: I have Win 10 Pro. I have an account for myself, with Admin privileges. I also have an account called "Kids". My account has the English (UK) keyboard by default. The Kids account has a US keyboard - also by default. I want the Kids account to have an English keyboard (no...