Windows 10: Windows 10 - display options

Discus and support Windows 10 - display options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I attempted to hook my son’s new HP Envy lap top to a larger HP monitor, under Display Settings I did have the ability to select Duplicate, monitor 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davidpickett1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - display options

I attempted to hook my son’s new HP Envy lap top to a larger HP monitor, under Display Settings I did have the ability to select Duplicate, monitor 1 only, Monitor 2 only etc. This is under the Multiple Displays section.

This initially (multiple display) worked but now the monitor is showing “no signal - check cable” while connected via HDMI. Also while connected the laptop won’t fully open Apps they appear on the bottom of the screen and provide a miniture view when hovered over with the mouse.

When I unplug and go to Display Options I no longer have a selection of how multiple monitors will work, it only allows me to detect (for wireless monitors). As I detach the HDMI cable the desired graphics for the “display option” briefly flashes on the lap top screen and the Apps return to normal.

My goal is to have my laptop and monitor operating independantly - eg. Internet on laptop while Word on monitor.

Any ideas? I don't know why I only have a "detect" option now.

:)

davidpickett1, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - display options

Windows display

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to customize the display:

• In the search box type settings.
    • Click on system option.
    • Then click on display option and then you can change it.
    • For more settings for display you can go for advance settings option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - display options

1. Windows 10 - display options - Similar Threads - display options

2. Phone Link not giving Apps display option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link not giving Apps display option: So I installed Phone Link and synced with my phone. Everything went fine, but the option to display apps doesn't even appear. Not sure if I have a setting wrong or just an incompatible phone.I'm using Windows 11 and Android OS 10. I have a Blu V91 phone....
  3. Phone Link not giving Apps display option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link not giving Apps display option: So I installed Phone Link and synced with my phone. Everything went fine, but the option to display apps doesn't even appear. Not sure if I have a setting wrong or just an incompatible phone.I'm using Windows 11 and Android OS 10. I have a Blu V91 phone....
  4. when i am right clicking for cascade menu it is coming with blank no options displayed in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i am right clicking for cascade menu it is coming with blank no options displayed in it: when i am right clicking for cascade menu it is coming with blank no options displayed in it. after right clicking on any icon on the desktop or in a folder, menu was not showing options and completely blank in the menu...
  5. when i am right clicking for cascade menu it is coming with blank no options displayed in it

when i am right clicking for cascade menu it is coming with blank no options displayed in it: when i am right clicking for cascade menu it is coming with blank no options displayed in it. after right clicking on any icon on the desktop or in a folder, menu was not showing options and completely blank in the menu...
  6. I have windows 11 home version 23h2 and the wireless display feature is not in the optional...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows 11 home version 23h2 and the wireless display feature is not in the optional...: in settings I go to the "System>projecting to this diplay " It informs me to install the wireless display feature under optional features. When I go to optional features the wireless display feature does not exist. I am asking if anyone knows how to rectify this. My laptop is...
  7. I have windows 11 home version 23h2 and the wireless display feature is not in the optional...

I have windows 11 home version 23h2 and the wireless display feature is not in the optional...: in settings I go to the "System>projecting to this diplay " It informs me to install the wireless display feature under optional features. When I go to optional features the wireless display feature does not exist. I am asking if anyone knows how to rectify this. My laptop is...
  8. WIRELESS DISPLAY CAST OPTIONS SHOWS THE TV BUT SAYS COULDN'T CONNECT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIRELESS DISPLAY CAST OPTIONS SHOWS THE TV BUT SAYS COULDN'T CONNECT: WIRELESS DISPLAY OPTION CAST TO MY 65 INCH TCL GOOGLE TV SAYS COULDN'T CONNECT , IT DISPLAYS MY TV BUT WHEN I PRESS CONNECT IT SAYS WAITING FOR SCREEN IN TV AND SAYS COULDN'T CONNECT...
  9. WIRELESS DISPLAY CAST OPTIONS SHOWS THE TV BUT SAYS COULDN'T CONNECT

WIRELESS DISPLAY CAST OPTIONS SHOWS THE TV BUT SAYS COULDN'T CONNECT: WIRELESS DISPLAY OPTION CAST TO MY 65 INCH TCL GOOGLE TV SAYS COULDN'T CONNECT , IT DISPLAYS MY TV BUT WHEN I PRESS CONNECT IT SAYS WAITING FOR SCREEN IN TV AND SAYS COULDN'T CONNECT...
  10. i want to enable the option of display setting in nvdia control panel im using dell g15...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to enable the option of display setting in nvdia control panel im using dell g15...: so my Nvidia control panel doesn't have a display setting option I want to know how to enable it to add custom resolution.I have already tried set PhysX configuration to NVIDIA but still does not show any display setting option...