Windows 10: Windows 10 Display overlay issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Display overlay issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, the other day on my windows laptop after I began to see weird boxes like lines on my screen on my display. I assumed it was just a bug at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Infiltrartor12, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Display overlay issue

Hi there, the other day on my windows laptop after I began to see weird boxes like lines on my screen on my display. I assumed it was just a bug at the time until I started seeing the same overlay pop up elsewhere. I noticed it was of a website I was looking at the other day and it started to overlay on my display very very faintly. I restarted my device and reinstalled chrome to where I was seeing the display. However, it started to appear with a different display to another program I was using again and as well started appearing the same issue on my home computer. Any solutions to this issue, all help is appreciated Thanks :

:)

Infiltrartor12, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue

Hi Brad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Does this overlay issue occur only at the time of browsing from the browser?
    2. Are you using any non-Microsoft security software?

Method 1: Enable Clear Type Tuning

The ClearType Tuner helps improve font display resolution so that letters on the computer screen appear smooth, not jagged.

1. To get to the ClearType, go to
      Control panel
      and select the Display option in the right column.
    2. On the right pane of the Display window, click on
      Adjust ClearType text link.
    3. Select the checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step.
    4. You will see five tiny windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    5. Click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    6. On the appearance of the last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.
    7. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Update Drivers

Based on the screenshot which you have included, this issue might occur possible due to display adapters. It is required to check the status of the issue after updating the display adapters.

Please refer the article on how to update drivers in Windows 10. Check the
    status of the issue after updating the Display adapters.

You may also refer the article Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
    for more information.

Let us know if you need further help with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Display overlay issue

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

The performance overlay works great in game and I'm impressed with the ReLive recording quality.

Windows 10 Display overlay issue radeon-overlay-jpg.jpg

It's the Alt+R desktop panel overlay that isn't showing the correct (Performance and Chill) items still, which is a tad puzzling.

EDIT
    Scratch that!
    According to AMD's overview '
    Radeon Overlay In-Game menu provides two additional choices, which are:
    • Performance Monitoring
    • Radeon Chill
    So those two options only appear in-game. Apologies for leading people astray.

Splinterdog, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Display overlay issue

1. Windows 10 Display overlay issue - Similar Threads - Display overlay issue

2. Screen is overlaying the display from another window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is overlaying the display from another window.: My screen sometimes shows a faint image from certain other windows or tabs over what I'm currently viewing. The overlay has weird pixelated lines and is very faint yet noticable on many backgrounds and colours. It doesn't show up on screenshots so I fear it may be a hardware...
  3. Screen is overlaying the display from another window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is overlaying the display from another window.: My screen sometimes shows a faint image from certain other windows or tabs over what I'm currently viewing. The overlay has weird pixelated lines and is very faint yet noticable on many backgrounds and colours. It doesn't show up on screenshots so I fear it may be a hardware...
  4. Screen is overlaying the display from another window.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Overlay Sounds Display Problem

Windows Overlay Sounds Display Problem: My sounds pop up looks like this and it doesn't shows any next or pause botton when I watch a video or listening to a songs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-overlay-sounds-display-problem/2599d9bd-f503-49b3-8525-f4f235087eea
  6. Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only: As you can see below, the volume overlay fails to display the artwork embedded in the music file, but somehow manages to display it on the lock screen's control overlay. The issue with the volume overlay is seen everywhere in the system, and only manages to display it on...
  7. Issue with ms-gaming overlay

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue with ms-gaming overlay: Hi, I have an issue. Sometimes when I launch a game this happens with the three most recent games I am playing, a mount and blade, launched via steam + mount and blade launcher, b star citizien - that uses RSI launcher-, c fortnite launched via epic store. The issue...
  8. On Windows the Xbox Controller overlay is displayed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Windows the Xbox Controller overlay is displayed?: Hi, I wanted to connect my Ps4 controller to my Windows 10 PC, but then I noticed that the controller works but the Xbox controller overlay is displayed in every game. Can it be fixed, if so how? Bei Windows wird das Xbox Controller overlay angezeigt?
  9. Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue: Hello all, I could really use some help. Every time I search in the task bar, or in IE, Edge, or Firefox... The results have a strange overlay on any hyperlinked image. This happens on Bing.com, Google, com, and Yahoo.com. Everything shows normally in the Google Chrome...
  10. Black Overlay Screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Overlay Screen issue: So, honestly, I have no clue what this is, why it's happening, and of course how to fix it. But, I would hope to think that posting it here may get some results. So, I've been having this issue for the past couple months, that whenever I turn on my computer, I get this...