Windows 10: Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem

Discus and support Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have already availed myself of the suggested community fixes for this problem and want to share what I have learned. The Intel audio driver I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuTze3, Jun 27, 2020.

1. LuTze3 Win User

Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem

I have already availed myself of the suggested community fixes for this problem and want to share what I have learned.

The Intel audio driver I have is up to date. I have disabled both the Win 10 speaker and HD audio devices. This allows the Intel driver to load, which is shown as DX-32L100A13 when I hover over the sound icon in the task bar, and audio is sent to the TV.

HOWEVER... If I restart my computer while the TV is off, Windows automatically defaults to the speaker driver. Then, when I turn on the TV, audio comes from my computer speaker, not the TV.

At first when this happened I again disabled the Windows 10 speaker and HD audio devices through device manager and restarted the computer. At that point the Intel audio driver appeared on my TV when displaying the Win 10 task bar and hovered over the sound icon, and the TV audio worked.

I then realized that if my TV is turned on BEFORE my computer is started or restarted, the audio on the TV works fine. If Windows 10 on my computer is started before the TV, the sound problem appears again.

Now when I put the computer in sleep mode or turn it off, before I turn it on or start it, I make sure my TV is already on and set to the HDMI input I use to display the computer screen on the TV.

This is the best solution I've been able to come up after researching and implementing possible fixes from Microsoft and Intel for several hours. Anybody got a better solution?

:)

LuTze3, Jun 27, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jun 27, 2020
  3. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

There is an audio option on the tv but there more geared towards the tv volume.

There are 3 hdmi ports, one is an arc port? Ive tried all ports same problem. The tv does have an 3.5 audio port next to the vga port. I used the audio port but i wasn't sure where to place the other end on my computer. There are three colored ports in
    the back and one in the front for headphones. I tried the port for the headphones, i figured it would transfer sound to the tv but it didn't.

hdmi should carry audio so i should not have to go backwards and use old technology on new equipment. The HDMI cables say they are 4k 1080p 2.0. they also are brand new

JessicaLig, Jun 27, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

display port to hdmi no signal

Do you have the latest drivers installed for the graphics card?

If new drivers or reloading graphics card drivers doesn't fix it, the next thing I would suggest is to try the display port to HDMI adapter a couple of us have suggested already with a regular HDMI cable. If your cable is bad or you just need an adapter because for some reason a straight cable won't work - spending $20 on the adapter is a lot cheaper than new graphics card. I just installed my GTX 970 card a week ago and I had plenty of HDMI cables so that is why I went with the adapter instead of buying a new display port to hdmi cable.

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem - Similar Threads - display port hdmi

2. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  3. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  4. No single/display problem hdmi port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No single/display problem hdmi port: I have upgraded my pc and plug with smat tv with hdmi port and other end with my gpu hdmi port, whenever I restart my pc display is not showing untill I plug and unplug my hdmi cable 1-2 times even I have uninstalled latest display driver and do as good as I can, but still...
  5. No single/display problem hdmi port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No single/display problem hdmi port: I have upgraded my pc and plug with smat tv with hdmi port and other end with my gpu hdmi port, whenever I restart my pc display is not showing untill I plug and unplug my hdmi cable 1-2 times even I have uninstalled latest display driver and do as good as I can, but still...
  6. No single/display problem hdmi port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Display port and HDMI do not show on audio devices

Display port and HDMI do not show on audio devices: I have no audio at all. I thought it was the amd driver but it is not. I am up to date on both windows 10 and amd and after I did the latest windows 10 I have no hdmi or display port showing on my audio devices....
  8. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

No audio on HDMI PC to tv: I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even tried a dvi cord and a display port cord, same issue. The smart TV and PC are both brand new so I don't understand why a...
  9. Audio via HDMI to TV

Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  10. RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV: I bought and received a Mini Display Port to HDMI TV adaptor from Amazon.ca. I bought it because I need it to connect my Surface tablets to TV. Well I received it today and tried it. It works perfectly with my old Surface Pro1, but not on my Surface 3 ( it says No Signal...