Windows 10: Windows 10 Display Resolution FORCE ALWAYS THE SAME EVEN WHEN REBOOTING.

Discus and support Windows 10 Display Resolution FORCE ALWAYS THE SAME EVEN WHEN REBOOTING. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to have Windows KEEP the Display Resolution I have Manually Set - I don't want it to ever change from what I had set, and I also do not want a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stixoffire, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Display Resolution FORCE ALWAYS THE SAME EVEN WHEN REBOOTING.

I want to have Windows KEEP the Display Resolution I have Manually Set - I don't want it to ever change from what I had set, and I also do not want a NAG screen . I don't care what windows thinks is best resolution - I simply want to set it and have it stay that way as long as I like.

How can I do this in Windows 10 ?

:)

Stixoffire, Oct 14, 2019

2. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Display Resolution FORCE ALWAYS THE SAME EVEN WHEN REBOOTING.

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Display Resolution FORCE ALWAYS THE SAME EVEN WHEN REBOOTING.

1. Windows 10 Display Resolution FORCE ALWAYS THE SAME EVEN WHEN REBOOTING. - Similar Threads - Display Resolution FORCE

2. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  3. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  4. Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions: Hello, everyone. This has been an extremely jarring mystery for me that I have spent months trying to figure out what causes it. I have two Asus VG278 144Hz monitors, both of them hooked up via DisplayPort. I always have them running at 144 FPS. Here's the issue, though....
  5. Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions: Hello, everyone. This has been an extremely jarring mystery for me that I have spent months trying to figure out what causes it. I have two Asus VG278 144Hz monitors, both of them hooked up via DisplayPort. I always have them running at 144 FPS. Here's the issue, though....
  6. Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Force constant resolution windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force constant resolution windows 10: First let me start with this. I have hunted every support site to try and find a solution to this problem. I have tried all the so called "fixes". It's not a driver issue it's a windows issue so please let's avoid the update ya driver stuff and actually find a registry based...
  8. laptops display brightness is always same

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptops display brightness is always same: Dear Microsoft community, I have an Asus Laptop and recently the brightness regulation of the display doesn't work. In particular, when I press the two brightness regulation buttons the display stays dark, at minimum brightness. How can I fix the problem? Maybe I should...
  9. Problems always the same drive. Is that even possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems always the same drive. Is that even possible?: Hi there, Here's a curious story to keep you busy with. A while back I started getting errors on my SATA drive. All of a sudden files were missing, entire folders actually. I did all possible tests: hardware, software. I spent a crazy amount of time trying to figure it out...
  10. Display is always warm even when night light is disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display is always warm even when night light is disabled: I have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon running Windows 10. My onboard display seems to be warm and red-shifted even when night light is disabled. Funnily enough, when I start color calibration, it reverts to the default color temperature, but shortly after the color calibration wizard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keep resolution always