Windows 10: Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display

Discus and support Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I've a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and an external Samsung monitor attached to it. I also have 2 accounts on this laptop, an administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TelliameD, Jun 21, 2024.

1. TelliameD Win User

Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display

Hello,I've a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and an external Samsung monitor attached to it. I also have 2 accounts on this laptop, an administrator account and a non-administrator account. The laptop has Intel UHD graphics.On the laptop internal display, I'm getting correct display resolution all the time.But, on the external monitor, I'm getting the correct resolution only on the administrator account but not on the non-administrator account. Settings-->Display shows the recommended resolution correctly 1980x1024, but the actual resolution is much lower.

:)

TelliameD, Jun 21, 2024
  2. Arul_D Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Jun 21, 2024
  3. kbdavis Win User
    Reset Display Resolution of non-connected display

So I was trying to extend my PC to a projector set up in the same room. The projector itself is connected to an AV receiver, which also contains a FireTV Cube. Through the cube I was trying to cast my PC using the "Screen Mirroring", and was initially successful. I was able to connect the FireTV Cube as a wireless display, but noticed the resolution was way off. I went to my default resolution of 1920x1080 and it was working just fine, but then I changed to x1200 and the display stopped responding. At first I didn't notice it because I was still seeing a picture on the projector, so I clicked to proceed to keep settings. It was only then did I realize the screen "froze" and wasn't updating, then it soon disconnected. Upon attempting to reconnect to this display, it would immediately disconnect every time - before I had a chance to update the resolution again. So my question is, now that the "wireless display" (the FireTV Cube) is saved as a display device with its resolution stored somewhere, where can I find this in the Registry to change the resolution before attempting to reconnect the display? I've tried HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG > System > CurrentControlSet > Control as I saw there would be a "Display" key there, but there wasn't.
    Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display 359038d1644126360t-reset-display-resolution-non-connected-display-screenshot-2022-02-05-234536.png
    Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1503)

kbdavis, Jun 21, 2024
  4. Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display

Display & Resolution

Hello,

Display and resolution issues may occur due to outdated display driver. To address your concern, we suggest that you update or reinstall the display driver by referring to the steps on the link below and see how it goes:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display

1. Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display - Similar Threads - display resolution working

2. Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display: Hello,I've a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and an external Samsung monitor attached to it. I also have 2 accounts on this laptop, an administrator account and a non-administrator account. The laptop has Intel UHD graphics.On the laptop internal display, I'm getting correct...
  3. Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display: Hello,I've a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and an external Samsung monitor attached to it. I also have 2 accounts on this laptop, an administrator account and a non-administrator account. The laptop has Intel UHD graphics.On the laptop internal display, I'm getting correct...
  4. External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...: external monitor is being detected but it only works when I set it's resolution to 800 X 600 from display setting in windows 10, on any other setting it shows no signal found and goes into sleep mode.same display when connected to other laptop works fine, so I figured the...
  5. External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...

External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...: external monitor is being detected but it only works when I set it's resolution to 800 X 600 from display setting in windows 10, on any other setting it shows no signal found and goes into sleep mode.same display when connected to other laptop works fine, so I figured the...
  6. external displays not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external displays not working?: All of the sudden my laptop Lenovo thinkpad won't recognize any external displays. Have tried a few monitors, tv's, ect. What steps do I need to take to fix this? It seems uninstalling the display adapter > Intel UHD graphics driver and then reinstall it? I'm not the most...
  7. external displays not working?

external displays not working?: All of the sudden my laptop Lenovo thinkpad won't recognize any external displays. Have tried a few monitors, tv's, ect. What steps do I need to take to fix this? It seems uninstalling the display adapter > Intel UHD graphics driver and then reinstall it? I'm not the most...
  8. display resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display resolution: I cannot change one of my monitor's display resolution to 1920 x 1080 to fit on the screen. That is not a choice that is given and I cannot manually type in that ratio. Every now and then my one monitor does this and there is no rhyme or reason when it reverts back....
  9. Display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display resolution: I just reinstalled Windows10 after replacing the SSD. I have two displays. One is running at the recommended resolution of 1080 x 1920 but the other insists on 1024 x 768. I have tried to change the resolution using the Windows Settings Display page as well as the NVIDIA...
  10. display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    display resolution: Every time I reboot my display resolution is incorrect. I select the 1920 X1080 (recommended) then select save message but it will not save it. the very next time I reboot it will default back to a lower resolution....