Windows 10: Windows 10 Display Scale

Discus and support Windows 10 Display Scale in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrExie, Aug 17, 2018.

1. MrExie Win User

Windows 10 Display Scale

Hi Folks,

To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160

To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150% (reccomended). Everything works great.

Until I restart.

When it boots up, I get the desktop, but the start button, tool bar, system tray are all gone!

So I right click on the desktop -> Display Settings and change the scaling back to 100%, then back to 150% and it all comes back.

I have to do this every time the computer boots up. Surely there is a bug with scaling where it is not been set at start up. Can anyone help ?

:)

MrExie, Aug 17, 2018

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Display scaling

Hi,

This issue with display scaling can be caused by an outdated display driver.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest updating your display driver directly from the manufacturer's website.

You can also refer to this article for more information on how to update the driver on Windows 10.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Arjay Dom, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Display Scale

How do I globally disable display auto-scaling?

Hi,

In reply to your query with disabling automatic scaling while connecting an external interface.

The scaling is adjusted with the display resolution in dots per inch (DPI) with device you connecting with your PC and its by design.

However you can set a custom scaling level.

To set a custom scaling level :

1. Type "dpiscaling" in the search area on the taskbar and select dpiscaling.

2. Change the scaling settings in the display window.

3. In the display window, you can click on set a custom scaling level option and check if it helps.

Also you can provide us your valuable suggestion in our feedback app.

Follow the steps :

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Display Scale

1. Windows 10 Display Scale - Similar Threads - Display Scale

2. HDR causing GPU scaling to be forced display scaling option missing after wake up/signal loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR causing GPU scaling to be forced display scaling option missing after wake up/signal loss: When using HDR on Windows 11 latest updates, my monitor either does not get any signal or, after it goes to sleep, the display scaling, which is typically display, gets switched to GPU and locked. The display option will disappear until either reboot or manually unplug the...
  3. HDR causing GPU scaling to be forced display scaling option missing after wake up/signal loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR causing GPU scaling to be forced display scaling option missing after wake up/signal loss: When using HDR on Windows 11 latest updates, my monitor either does not get any signal or, after it goes to sleep, the display scaling, which is typically display, gets switched to GPU and locked. The display option will disappear until either reboot or manually unplug the...
  4. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  5. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  6. Automating Display Scale Percentages ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating Display Scale Percentages ?: I have been looking for anyone or anywhere where someone could give me the answer to changing multiple monitors scale all at once with no answers so Im trying to ask specifically, can I?I hurt my back no long ago and moved a recliner as close as I could to where my computer...
  7. Automating Display Scale Percentages ?

Automating Display Scale Percentages ?: I have been looking for anyone or anywhere where someone could give me the answer to changing multiple monitors scale all at once with no answers so Im trying to ask specifically, can I?I hurt my back no long ago and moved a recliner as close as I could to where my computer...
  8. Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...: My monitor recommends my displace scale to be set to 100%, but that's too far zoomed out compared to the 125% I use. I know it's zoomed out because everything is blurry and comparing it to my laptop screen, the monitor is very zoomed out.https://imgur.com/a/GAeJW1k...
  9. Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...: My monitor recommends my displace scale to be set to 100%, but that's too far zoomed out compared to the 125% I use. I know it's zoomed out because everything is blurry and comparing it to my laptop screen, the monitor is very zoomed out....
  10. Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...

Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...: My monitor recommends my displace scale to be set to 100%, but that's too far zoomed out compared to the 125% I use. I know it's zoomed out because everything is blurry and comparing it to my laptop screen, the monitor is very zoomed out....