Windows 10: Windows 10 display scaling issue

Discus and support Windows 10 display scaling issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aorist6, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Aorist6 Win User

Windows 10 display scaling issue

I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see and interfere with each other.

But after installing Ubuntu onto the flash drive and doing my work there, I ejected the flash drive and started the computer again in order to boot into Windows 10 now from the SSD. Windows 10 booted successfully. Everything is fine except that the display is now kind of zoomed in. In the display section of the settings it says that the recommended scale is 150%. At first, I tried to make it 100%. But the display became very small and uncomfortable. Then I tried to update my graphics drivers I have two: one is Intel, the other is Nvidia. No success. I tried to uninstall and reinstall both of them. No success. I do not know what to do. Please note that this problem occurred only after the Ubuntu installation on the flash drive. I have never experienced it before.

My laptop: Acer Swift3 SF314-56G

Display adaptors: IntelR UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Aorist6, Feb 19, 2020

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 19, 2020
  3. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Display scaling

Hi,

This issue with display scaling can be caused by an outdated display driver.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest updating your display driver directly from the manufacturer's website.

You can also refer to this article for more information on how to update the driver on Windows 10.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Arjay Dom, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 display scaling issue - Similar Threads - display scaling issue

2. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  3. Windows Second Display Scaling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Second Display Scaling issue: I am having an 15.6 inch laptop and I use my 24 inch TV as my second display. The issue is when I connect my TV through HDMi cable the scaling on my second display goes out the margin and I have tired do scale it through windows display settings and through intel graphics...
  4. Windows 10 display scale issue after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display scale issue after installing Ubuntu: I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see and interfere with each other. But after installing Ubuntu onto the flash drive and doing my work there, I ejected the...
  5. Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display

Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display: I've read enough on overscan issues to confidently say that isn't the issue I'm having. I've gone through my Intel Graphics settings and NVIDAI control panel but haven't found anything useful but I may have missed something. What I'm trying to do is replace my two Lenovo...
  6. Windows 10 Display Scale

Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  7. Windows 10 Display Scale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  8. Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues: Hello All, I have a Laptop Dell Latitude E7450 connected to my external monitor Dell P2314H via HDMI adaptor + VGA Cable, which is configured as "extended display". Although my Laptop is 14'' and my external monitor is 23'' they have the same max resolution: 1920 x 1080....
  9. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 scaling issue: Hi all, I currently use two displays; a 22" monitor (primary), the other a 60" TV (secondary). The secondary monitor has a scaling factor of 125% selected within 'Display Settings'. I'm experiencing a problem with the feature whereby when switching back to the primary...
  10. Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10: So I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and had everything working perfectly, no blurry texts in any application. However, a lot of applications now have really blurry text, including some installed apps like Device Manager. The problem goes away if I reduce scaling to 100% but that...