Windows 10: Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

Discus and support Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bobbeloos, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Bobbeloos Win User

Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things are displayed in Dutch. Search results are also displayed in Dutch. I tried all the common solutions like removing other languages, system file checks, rebooting a bunch of times etc. but to no avail. Can anyone help me out?

:)

Bobbeloos, Apr 20, 2022
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Apr 20, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 20, 2022
  4. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region\Language

2. Ensure that English is at the top of the list of languages

3. Go to Advanced settings

4. Select English in the "Override for Windows display language"

5. Hit Save and then restart computer

Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Apr 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

1. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes. - Similar Threads - displaying wrong language

2. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  3. Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language: I'm running an english Windows 10 Pro (20H2). Everything but the currency etc format is set to US-English. Still, some games (i.e. Blaston, Loop Hero) and some apps (i.e. some, but not all installers) launch in german (I am in germany). This is absolutely maddening,...
  4. windows 10 language sometimes wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 language sometimes wrong: first of all sorry for the poor spelling and grammar, spent an hour trying to get my questions submitted but it absolutely wouldnt let me in any browser without telling me why and it turned out my vpn was blocked without any mention or warning so im not gonna retype it all...
  5. Display language in windows 10

Display language in windows 10: When I want to change my display from Chinese to English, I found the display language choose in my computer is only Chinese. I don't have English choose, so i can't change it. I want to know how can i add English choose to the display language. My computer is windows 10,...
  6. Windows Display Language in windows 10

Windows Display Language in windows 10: Hi, I have a OS image which has all the language pack pre-installed in it. I have deploy that image in another machine, which doesn't have internet connection. So when u run a command "dism /online /get-intl" it displays me all the languages which is installed. When i...
  7. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge: SInce this morning, when I started up Edge, the display was in Arabic (or some similar language) and not English, if I search for MSN.com for example it initially displays in English then goes to Arabic. My language settings all seem fine, but Edge keeps redirecting to the...
  8. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language: The language displayed by windows10 default Mail and Calender are not the same as the system language. They both display the keyboard language instead of the system language. How do I change this? I have tried changing the keyboard language and all the language settings...
  9. Help files, buttons etc displaying in wrong language

Help files, buttons etc displaying in wrong language: How can I reset the display language for Help files, buttons, etc to English language? At present they are in Russian which I do not speak....
  10. Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes): Good day, everyone. I had been use Win10 for few months and here is something confusing me. My windows taskbars have a weird position but they are not happening every-time. I had searched the web for solution but no results. (Seem like only I met this problem.*sarc) Here...