Windows 10: Windows 10 Displayport 60Hz

Discus and support Windows 10 Displayport 60Hz in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, After automatic upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10 my laptops no longer support 4K@60Hz. I have Asus N550 & HP Spectre, both with Displayport.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris Schroderschroder, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Displayport 60Hz

Hi,

After automatic upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10 my laptops no longer support 4K@60Hz. I have Asus N550 & HP Spectre, both with Displayport. Previously, both worked fine and I was able to get 4K on the external monitors@ 60Hz. Now I can get maximum of 30Hz . What can I do to improve this?

Best,

Chris

:)

Chris Schroderschroder, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2020
  3. high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command) to provide the details.
    The maximum refresh rate you can use depends on your monitor. If you have multiple monitors connected to your PC, each has its own separate refresh rate setting.

I would suggest you to try the below suggested methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

Check your Cables

Some monitors may have both HDMI and DisplayPort connections, but may be limited to a 60Hz refresh rate when connected via HDMI. In this case, you'd need to use a DisplayPort cable. Check your monitor's specifications or setup guide for more information.

If you're using HDMI, you'll want to ensure you're using a "high speed" HDMI cable and not an older "standard" HDMI cable.

In this scenario I would suggest you to replace the cable with the higher quality display and check the status of the issue.

Method 2

Update Graphics driver

Integrated graphics or older discrete graphics might not support your monitor's refresh rate. Be sure your graphics card supports the monitor's resolution and refresh rate. You need to update your Graphics drivers.

Refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the manufacturer support for the further assistance.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 22, 2020
  4. OhCmn Win User

Windows 10 Displayport 60Hz

Can't change refresh rate to 60hz cuz Windows only shows 30hz

Connected my monitor (Samsung UH750) over HDMI 2.1 to my PC (750 TI with no DisplayPort) and it is stuck at 30hz even though the monitor has 60hz. The HDMI 2.0 cable supports 4k & 60hz also the monitors HDMI outputs support 60hz. Still Windows only shows
    30hz or below (Windows 10) I also have installed latest drivers. Any help is welcome. Windows 10 Displayport 60Hz :)

OhCmn, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Displayport 60Hz

1. Windows 10 Displayport 60Hz - Similar Threads - Displayport 60Hz

2. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming from DisplayPort.: I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's...
  3. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio coming from DisplayPort.: I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's...
  4. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  5. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  6. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  7. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  8. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal”

Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal”: Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal” with my keyboard and mouse lighting up. Any suggestions on what to do. Here is everything I’ve tried so far: power cycling monitor, restarting computer, unplugging display port...
  10. Windows 10 - R9 390 - Ran 60hz @ 4k with displayport generic pnp w/ TV fine until....?...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - R9 390 - Ran 60hz @ 4k with displayport generic pnp w/ TV fine until....?...: Hello all,I've been using my Samsung TV as a monitor for quite some time. My gfx card is an R9 390 which can output 4k@60hz using the displayport. Recently I restarted my computer there may have been an update and upon reboot I noticed the framerate looked choppy and felt...