Windows 10: Windows 10 displays blank windows until resizing

Discus and support Windows 10 displays blank windows until resizing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit on my PC and have a non-consistent issue where I click to open System or Calculator or some other item and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gfouts15, Mar 7, 2019.

1. gfouts15 Win User

Windows 10 displays blank windows until resizing

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit on my PC and have a non-consistent issue where I click to open System or Calculator or some other item and I am presented with a blank window. To get the render to complete, I have to resize the window a bit and then it renders normally. I am not sure why or what triggers this. I can generally reboot and then it will render fine for a unspecific time period but is not a constant issue. I am running an Nvidia GTX 1080 video card with the latest drivers and display is on an LG 34UM95 running at 3440x1440 60 hz via display port. Any ideas why the rendering of windows would be blank occasionally?

:)

gfouts15, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 displays blank windows until resizing - Similar Threads - displays blank until

2. Window Resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Resizing in Windows 10: Why doesn't Microsoft fix the window resizing problem in Windows 10? I see it while using Edge, Mail and Explorer. It's been happening for awhile now so what's the problem? An example with Edge: I have the browser now open and the size and position I want it. I leave and my...
  3. Blank Display

Blank Display: I have windows 10 laptop which i bought 2 days ago. Last night when i was going to **** my laptop off i got the option update and shut down. I did that and after a while my laptop shut down and i went to sleep. The next morning when i turned my device on and tried to work, i...
  4. Display and Windows are Resizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display and Windows are Resizing: I have W10 and a couple of days ago, W10 Update installed Interl Graphics Display 26.20.100.7263. Ever since then I have been having the following problems: Now and the, W10 will beep at me with 2 different sounds--I can't figure out what this means nor what the beeps...
  5. Resizing a display in the layout

Resizing a display in the layout: I need help resizing the screen. My main Laptop is 4k and the screen attached is 1650 x 1050. Is there any way to, while maintaining their current resolutions, make it so the second monitor is as big as the first in the layout so that when I move my mouse through say the top...
  6. windows 10 resizes windows

windows 10 resizes windows: I have a 38inch Dell display that allows me to have three windows open and use the whole screen. Really neat way to operate. Unfortunately every time my display hibernates, it wakes up with all the windows resized (smaller) and repositioned to the upper left corner of the...
  7. Resize Image not displaying in context menu (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resize Image not displaying in context menu (Windows 10): I recently downloaded Microsoft's Resize Image app, but it's not showing up in the context menu, preventing me from changing the sizes of multiple images at the same time. Instructions were included and followed, but they don't seem to have worked. Can anyone please walk me...
  8. Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10

Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10: I'm having trouble with the metro icons, in that instead of displaying the icon for the app, its showing nothing but the tile, empty. Its doing it for firefox and chrome, both, and they are the only ones showing this behavior. Here:...
  9. Windows 10 - no display until OS booted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - no display until OS booted: I have a weird issue after installing Windows 10. There is no display at all before the log in screen appears, which prevents me from seeing bootloader (win7 and win10 dual boot). Weird, because when I turn off and on my monitor, it works fine until I fully boot Windows 10...
  10. Icons Turn Blank Until Renaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Turn Blank Until Renaming: I have this issue on occasion with various .exe files. Sometimes after installing a program an exe's icon will turn into a blank page. The only way to get it's icon to return is to rename the file and the icon will return. Has anyone figured out how to stop this from...