Windows 10: Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model

Discus and support Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I just fresh installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit on my new pc. The problem is that system info in windows displays my motherboard as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JakeNevil, Aug 8, 2015.

1. JakeNevil Win User

Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model

Hello everyone. I just fresh installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit on my new pc. The problem is that system info in windows displays my motherboard as gigabyte g1 sniper b5 but I have gigabyte g1 b6 sniper. I checked in bios and it displays the motherboard correctly. Some third party app displays info also wrong. Can this somehow affect my system performance?

:)

JakeNevil, Aug 8, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

DVD/CD Rom driver for window 10

The DVD/CD Rom driver is typically the cdrom.sys which is included in Windows 10.

What is wrong with the DVD/CD Rom drive?

Also what computer (or motherboard) do you have (make/model)?

What DVD/CD Rom drive (make/model)?

auggy, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 system info shows wrong motherboard model

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I suggest you to install the latest motherboard/chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

You may also get in touch with the manufacturer of the computer for further information.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model

Doubt it would affect system performance.

alphanumeric, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Jairus24 Win User
    Yeah, it will not affect the performance. Maybe it's just some string error on the bios level, try to check if you have the latest bios version.

Jairus24, Aug 8, 2015
  6. JakeNevil Win User
    I do have latest bios. I hope it's just a cosmetic error in system info because there's a big difference in sound quality output. G1 B5 has Realtek alc 898 codec but g1 b6 has Realtek alc 1150.... Any ideas how to fix it?

JakeNevil, Aug 8, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    The only real issue is if you have the wrong devices showing in Device Manager. Both boards have the same chipset and LAN so you're alright there. The only real difference I could see, looking at the specs, was the sound chip. So check in Device Manager that the correct one is listed.

8. NUS
    Nus Win User

Oh, I suppose that in the future, after Windows and/or BIOS updates, Windows starts reporting the correct model you may have an activation issue if the codes used in the hardware hash have changed.

But that is a highly speculative 'what if' so I wouldn't worry about it. And I'd be surprised if MS support wouldn't resolve such a scenario.

9. What does device manager show for your Realtek Sound?

10. JakeNevil Win User
    I'm at the work right now and I can't check device manager in my pc but I will update thread when I will be home.

JakeNevil, Aug 8, 2015
  11. swarfega Win User
    Have you checked your devices to make sure they're running the latest Windows 10 drivers?

swarfega, Aug 8, 2015
  12. JakeNevil Win User
    I didn't install any drivers. I installed Windows and then checked system info. Also checked Nvidia drivers and they are up to date.. Could windows 10 install wrong drivers for my motherboard?

JakeNevil, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model

As far as I know device detection is done individually, and not based solely on motherboard model number.

14. JakeNevil Win User
    I just checked the Realtek HD audio manager and it says i have Realtek alc 1150 codec so it's ok.

JakeNevil, Aug 9, 2015
  15. There you go. The wrong model number listed by bother you, but its not really going affect anything performance wise.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model - Similar Threads - displays wrong motherboard

2. No wifi drivers available for motherboard model

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi drivers available for motherboard model: I found out that the reason for the option wifi not appearing in my device might be because of no wifi drivers, as no wireless routers are appearing in device manager, I physically cannot find any option involving the word wifi in my device as well; from settings, taskbar,...
  3. No wifi drivers available for motherboard model

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi drivers available for motherboard model: I found out that the reason for the option wifi not appearing in my device might be because of no wifi drivers, as no wireless routers are appearing in device manager, I physically cannot find any option involving the word wifi in my device as well; from settings, taskbar,...
  4. Windows 10 Uses wrong display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Uses wrong display: I am using windows 10 on an older (9 years) Toshiba Satelite laptop. Instead of using the built in LCD screen, windows sends the display to the auxiliary port. I have tried the windows P key but nothing happens when I select output to both displays. No matter what I do, I...
  5. System shows wrong computer model

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System shows wrong computer model: I own two Dell XPS 13 laptops. Both are running Windows 10 2004. One is a 9345 model and the other a 9370. The 9345 got into such a state that I decided to rebuild it from scratch. In recovery mode, all types of reset failed to work and so I used a media recovery USB created...
  6. open box/display model

in Windows 10 Customization
    open box/display model: I recently purchased a out of box display model from the store got it home tried to do some online classes but it kicks me off in a couple of minutes with no activity I looked in the settings and saw multiple apps containing retail demo but It would not let me uninstall. just...
  7. Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong: hi. Last night when i went to shut my computer down, it gave me the option to shut down and update, so i did that. Today, i turn my computer on and now its all zoomed in. I go to the resolution display, it says its at 640 x 480 and it wont let me change it, the box is greyed...
  8. 18885 - wrong display make/model recognized - display issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    18885 - wrong display make/model recognized - display issues: upon installing 18885.rs_prerelease.190419-1606 the build is recognizing my ultrawide LG 34UM57 monitor as an Acer model. i now have no nvidia driver support for my evga gtx 980 sc acx 2.0. thus resulting in improper resolution and an all around poor display performance. any...
  9. Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows: How to: Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows How to Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows A motherboard is the main printed circuit board (PCB) used to connect all the parts of a computer together....
  10. Wrong time displayed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time displayed in Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Home version 1607 build 14393.321, installed on my Lenovo Z51-70 80K6. My displayed time is always 2h behind. The time is set to sync automatically. The time zone is set to UTC+1 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna. Daylight savings time is...