Windows 10: Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons

Discus and support Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a list of files (in system32) that are supposed to contan icons. M$, in its infinite wisdom, chose to place these files in the "system 32"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons

I have a list of files (in system32) that are supposed to contan icons. M$, in its infinite wisdom, chose to place these files in the "system 32" folder, in alpha order with HUNDREDS of other DLL files. I chose to exercise a little common sense, and created a separate folder in system 32 to hold these file (there are a coiuple of dozen of them.)

When I got around to rebuilding the desktop from a recent boot falure, I was told, for each file that supposedly contains icons, that no icons are present.

Why?? All I did was copy the image-containing DLL files to sub-folder in th system 32 . Did this copying somehow erase the icons ??

:)

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2019
  3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Jun 27, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons

DLL Missing

Solvusoft posts the same look-a-like steps for every problem you can think of, not very useful. The steps contain some variation depending on the problem, but I haven't found a situation where those step helped anything.

Thema:

Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons

1. Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons - Similar Threads - DLL fles contain

2. .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error: Hey, so I have been getting this error with quite a few different DLLs including InstallService.dll D3D12CORE.dll and SystemSettingsThresholdAdminFlowUI.dll as well as many others. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I have,Ryzen 5 3600Gigabyte B550MOne 1TB HDD and one 1TB...
  3. .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error: Hey, so I have been getting this error with quite a few different DLLs including InstallService.dll D3D12CORE.dll and SystemSettingsThresholdAdminFlowUI.dll as well as many others. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I have,Ryzen 5 3600Gigabyte B550MOne 1TB HDD and one 1TB...
  4. .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't play WAV fles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't play WAV fles: One program I use frequently can no longer play WAV sounds. In troubleshooting this I notice that Groove Music can't play WAV files either. VLC can play WAV thought. Other programs that play music, Spotify, YouTube etc work fine. How do I fix this?...
  6. UNABLE TO RUN SETUP.EXE FLES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNABLE TO RUN SETUP.EXE FLES: I AM UNABLE TO RUN SETUP.EXE FILES. EVERYTIME I RUN THEM THE DOWNLOADING FAILS. PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-setupexe-fles/e7cebf41-eed9-4ae7-ad7c-7a4ea9a3acc1"
  7. DLL Files containing icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL Files containing icons: I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T hold icons, and whose names make no sense...
  8. msvcp120.dll / msvcr120.dll is either not designed to run on Wondows or it contains an error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    msvcp120.dll / msvcr120.dll is either not designed to run on Wondows or it contains an error.: After upgrading to windows 10 1903, error messages pop up at re-start or running certain software, saying " msvcp120.dll / msvcr120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error..... Error status 0x000012f". Before upgrading (win10 1809), there was no...
  9. DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error: Hello microsoft support . I am having issues with one of the workstation computers that is part of the network that I run. The issue is that whenever I try to open Sonicwall NetExtender (a VPN client) i get an error that says "C:\windows\system32\rasman.dll is either not...
  10. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...: When I try to start some programs It shows this error [ATTACH] I have DirectX 12, Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 x64, and Windows 10....