Windows 10: Windows 10 DLNA server issue

Discus and support Windows 10 DLNA server issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am backing up my DVD's to a hard drive. I have added that hard drive as a Library location in Windows 10. I have my windows 10 computer set up as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnMack4, Jul 26, 2019.

1. JohnMack4 Win User

Windows 10 DLNA server issue

I am backing up my DVD's to a hard drive. I have added that hard drive as a Library location in Windows 10. I have my windows 10 computer set up as a DLNA server. Everything works, I can view my backed up videos from the media play of my Roku or other computers on my network.

The issue is that I have renamed some of the video files, such as taking a "The" out at the beginning of the title. Unfortunately, none of the devices I view the library from show the new names.

I have:

Deleted the Windows Media Player folder contents on the computer that acts as the DLNA server

Rebuilt the Indexing from the control panel.

nothing seems to work. every other device I view the files from shows the old names. I have also deleted the Windows Media folders on other computers I have view the files on.

Roku says it gets it's list from the DLNA server. I can't find the database or whatever is used on my Windows 10 DLNA server to give the list of video names to other devices.

HOW DO I FIX THIS, IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!

:)

JohnMack4, Jul 26, 2019
  2. G1User Win User

Windows Media Player - DLNA Server Issues

That's the issue with problem 2 though. I have to constantly turn the DLNA server back on and reconfigure it.

When the DLNA server is off, no servers display. When it is on, the actual and duplicate DLNA servers display.

G1User, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Windows Media Player - DLNA Server Issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that you are facing issues with the DLNA servers in Windows 10.

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 26, 2019
  4. G1User Win User

Windows Media Player - DLNA Server Issues

When did it start happening: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. None of these problems existed when I was on Windows 7. I had a DLNA server setup when I was using Windows 7 too.

Problem(s):

• When viewing the list of available DLNA servers on my smart TV I am getting two identical DLNA servers. One works and the other simply states there are no media files available.
    • About once a month, Windows 10 will decide to shut off my DLNA server. That means I have to open up Windows Media Player, click Streaming, and Turn On...again.

I am sure number 2 is harder to resolve than number 1. Number 1 is probably just some registry entry that needs to be removed.

G1User, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 DLNA server issue - Similar Threads - DLNA server issue

2. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genreshow do i change what directory dlna is showing?or remove those directories?...
  3. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genresalso there is annoying playlists directory all over.how do i remove them from displaying?...
  4. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genresalso there is annoying playlists directory all over.how do i remove them from displaying?...
  5. Lost DLNA server and NAS drive under Windows 20H2

Lost DLNA server and NAS drive under Windows 20H2: I'm going crazy since I upgraded from Windows 10 v1909 to Windows 10 v20H2. Under the old system, I had no problems streaming videos from my PC to various Roku devices throughout my house by connecting to the Windows Media Player DLNA server. However, since the upgrade,...
  6. DLNA - Playlists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DLNA - Playlists: We Have a Samsung TV which supports DLNA & we use it extensively to stream videos and music from our Windows 10 PC to our Samsung TV. We have a growing library to stream and would like to create Playlists. Playlists can be created in Windows Media Player but, my question is,...
  7. DLNA Media Servers and serving Cloud Files

DLNA Media Servers and serving Cloud Files: Hello. Have never posted here before, and if my question is silly or obvious, I apologize, but have no expertise in many of these subjects. I have an Aluratek Radio wifi device. It is capable of playing streaming media from a DLNA media server. I use it to play music...
  8. Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library

Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library: I have a Win10 laptop (the kind that does a 180 screen twist) that I'd like to use to control my music collection. The collection is shared over the network with AssetUPnP, a DLNA server tailored to music streaming, and rendered with my Denon receiver. The server and renderer...
  9. Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server)

Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server): Hi, I'm looking for a working DLNA player for Windows 10 that can find my dvd recorder and play my saved programmes and play live TV like LG smart TV can. My LG smart TV have DLNA feature and it's working perfectly, but i need DLNA player for Windows if my family use my TV...
  10. DLNA servers under network locations

DLNA servers under network locations: I had a few DLNA servers (originating from the user accounts on my other desktop) showing up on my laptop under network location. At the time, I right clicked some of these and selected to remove the device. Which made them disappear from the network locations. My intention...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 dlna server

2. windows 10 1903 music streaming dlna