Windows 10: Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights

Discus and support Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights. I can't create a new user with administrative rights because there is no "Family &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimC2M1, Oct 7, 2020.

1. JimC2M1 Win User

Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights

Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights.

I can't create a new user with administrative rights because there is no "Family & other users" option in Settings - Accounts.

How can I create a user?

:)

JimC2M1, Oct 7, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights :(

Zakin, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights - Similar Threads - user account administrative

2. User account keeps losing administrator rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account keeps losing administrator rights: I have been setting up brand new laptops/desktops for other users at work. I have been using the option of personal use at OOB setup. I create a local user and then add the user to the Administrator group within Computer Management. Later in the process I add the laptop to...
  3. User account keeps losing administrator rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account keeps losing administrator rights: I have been setting up brand new laptops/desktops for other users at work. I have been using the option of personal use at OOB setup. I create a local user and then add the user to the Administrator group within Computer Management. Later in the process I add the laptop to...
  4. Clear Explorer Administrative Rights on Standard User Accounts

Clear Explorer Administrative Rights on Standard User Accounts: I am encountering quite the security issue here that seems pretty blatant. I have two users on my Windows 10 device: 1 Adminstrator and 1 Standard. From the Standard account, I try to access Administrator folders. I get prompted for administrative rights and I provide...
  5. Administrator rights as local user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights as local user?: Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one...
  6. Need to have administrator user account on Windows 10

Need to have administrator user account on Windows 10: Somehow my administrator account got changed to a "Guest" account, and it appears that there is no administrator on my Windows 10 version. When I try to make changes, I am getting a User Accounts Control Panel dialog box without a "Yes" option to allow changes. I guess the...
  7. Windows 10 User Account Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Account Administrator: I tried to change the Administrator in my laptop through Windows 10, but somehow the laptop no longer has an Administrator on any of the user accounts. When I try to make a change to my computer using an app or program, I’m requested to provide admin permission through the...
  8. administrator account doesnt have admin rights

administrator account doesnt have admin rights: Hi I made new account on windows 10 and added my Microsoft account to sign in using email address etc. So now I am logged in to that, but everything I do, like remove programs or change startup, asks me to sign in to an admin account, or says I don't have access. I checked...
  9. User Account / Administrator

User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...
  10. Administrator account do not have administrative rights always

Administrator account do not have administrative rights always: I tried this over several laptops to see if its corruption and the result is not . Accounts with Administrator rights do not have administrative privileges over all folders owned by Administrators group , that i either have to own the folder or add the user (administrator)...