Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 - Do You Think Microsoft should only offer "Feature Updates" Once a year?

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 - Do You Think Microsoft should only offer "Feature Updates" Once a year? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unfortunately, it's a known fact that for so many people, Windows 10 "Feature" Updates can be very problematic after they are installed. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Major Buzz, Sep 13, 2018.

1. WINDOWS 10 - Do You Think Microsoft should only offer "Feature Updates" Once a year?

Unfortunately, it's a known fact that for so many people, Windows 10 "Feature" Updates can be very problematic after they are installed. I was wondering what you all felt about the idea of Microsoft only offering them once a year instead of twice? I'm thinking it would lighten the load for Microsoft, so they could spend more time on each update in the beta stage, and at the same time, we wouldn't have to adjust anything that goes awry with these updates as often. What do you think? Hopefully Microsoft employees might come across this post and see what we would like. Thanks!

:)

Major Buzz, Sep 13, 2018
  2. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Sep 13, 2018
  3. desennium Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, Sep 13, 2018
  4. WINDOWS 10 - Do You Think Microsoft should only offer "Feature Updates" Once a year?

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 - Do You Think Microsoft should only offer "Feature Updates" Once a year?

1. WINDOWS 10 - Do You Think Microsoft should only offer "Feature Updates" Once a year? - Similar Threads - Microsoft should offer

2. Do you think Microsoft should throw the towel in with their O/S upgrades.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you think Microsoft should throw the towel in with their O/S upgrades.: I need to vent.Seriously Windows 11 is just rubbish. Take me back to a modern Windows 7 and I will be happy. Not everyone is a tech head Microsoft. Here is my suggestion, Microsoft should make two versions of their Windows O/S, one for tech heads and one for the rest of us...
  3. Do you think Microsoft should throw the towel in with their O/S upgrades.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you think Microsoft should throw the towel in with their O/S upgrades.: I need to vent.Seriously Windows 11 is just rubbish. Take me back to a modern Windows 7 and I will be happy. Not everyone is a tech head Microsoft. Here is my suggestion, Microsoft should make two versions of their Windows O/S, one for tech heads and one for the rest of us...
  4. Windows 10 will receive major feature updates once a year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will receive major feature updates once a year: Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 version 21H2 (November 2021 Update) to users around the world. The feature update can be installed by users running May 2020 Update (version 2004) or newer. Additionally, Microsoft has also announced a new update cadence for...
  5. Do You Think Microsoft Will Extend Microsoft Defender Updates Beyond the Windows 10...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do You Think Microsoft Will Extend Microsoft Defender Updates Beyond the Windows 10...: Greetings,As Microsoft plans to retire Windows 10 Security Updates in October 2025, do you think that the Microsoft Defender Antivirus updates will be extended at that time,? Or will people have to pick another antivirus? For reference, Windows Defender on Windows 7 will get...
  6. What Do You Think of this as an Update for WordPad on Windows 10?

What Do You Think of this as an Update for WordPad on Windows 10?: Guys,Ever since Windows 8.1, many users have been petitioning Microsoft to update WordPad for Windows 10 to give it a new look and feel. It would have a spellchecker, and a Dark Theme Mode. I went online, and a program developer for Windows 10 created this added image. I...
  7. zip feature only offers bluetooth

in Windows 10 Customization
    zip feature only offers bluetooth: I have a customer who needs to send me a file, but she says that when she gets to the (right click on filename)>Send to > , the only option she is given is "Bluetooth device". Is this a known problem?...
  8. Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you

in Windows 10 News
    Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you: [ATTACH] Final products are not perfect. The same goes for Windows 10 as well. However, Windows 10 v1809 which came out in October made User files disappear and ran into many other issues. The issue was so serious that Microsoft had [...] This post Should you manually Check...
  9. Microsoft to offer x64-only Windows 10 feature updates for businesses

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to offer x64-only Windows 10 feature updates for businesses: Organizations may soon save a lot of bandwidth when they deploy feature updates for machines running Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft revealed last Wednesday that it provides organizations with smaller package sizes for 64-bit versions of Windows 10. The...
  10. What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have?

What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have?: The main 3 apps that I use on my phone are the Facebook app, Facebook Messenger app, Facebook Pages Manager app, and the Instagram app. I think Windows 10 should come with at least the Facebook Messenger app. What do you all think, and what apps would you all like to see in...