Windows 10: Windows 10 document / download etc shortcuts point to one drive

Discus and support Windows 10 document / download etc shortcuts point to one drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, The main shortcuts for documents/ downloads / music / pictures in Windows 10 currently all point to onedrive, which I dont use. I would like them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/quimilicious, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 document / download etc shortcuts point to one drive

Hi,

The main shortcuts for documents/ downloads / music / pictures in Windows 10 currently all point to onedrive, which I dont use. I would like them to point to the folders on my SSD (C drive) instead. Could someone help me make this happen please?

Thanks

submitted by /u/quimilicious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/quimilicious, Apr 8, 2021
  2. s_d_aylor Win User

Document & Website shortcuts Windows 10

• How do I create shortcuts to documents and internet sites under windows 10. My wife lives and dies by them

s_d_aylor, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Windows 10 document / download etc shortcuts point to one drive [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 document / download etc shortcuts point to one drive

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 document / download etc shortcuts point to one drive

1. Windows 10 document / download etc shortcuts point to one drive - Similar Threads - document download etc

2. URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc: I was just letting a guy install a software for me this is not related to the software and he did it succesfullyBUT i saw that he changed something in my pc i couldnt download anything because i had to ask for permissionso i deleted the file that was asking me for permission...
  3. URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc: I was just letting a guy install a software for me this is not related to the software and he did it succesfullyBUT i saw that he changed something in my pc i couldnt download anything because i had to ask for permissionso i deleted the file that was asking me for permission...
  4. URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. folders pointing to one drive

folders pointing to one drive: Sometime over the last week on my old laptop, the documents folder has been pointed to the same one on my onedrive such that all of the contents are now in the onedrive documents folder.Last time I had this problem I was asked to upload a section of my registry.At some point...
  6. folders pointing to one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folders pointing to one drive: Sometime over the last week on my old laptop, the documents folder has been pointed to the same one on my onedrive such that all of the contents are now in the onedrive documents folder.Last time I had this problem I was asked to upload a section of my registry.At some point...
  7. folders pointing to one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My documents folder in Windows Explorer points to a one drive folder

My documents folder in Windows Explorer points to a one drive folder: When I got a new laptop, OneDrive hijacked my folders. Itsoon reached it’s limit as my pictures are quite large. I have tried hard to eliminate OneDrive, there are plenty ofbetter cloud storage and back-up options for me. I followed some advice about pointing the...
  9. Document shortcuts all in one place

in Windows 10 Support
    Document shortcuts all in one place: hi, While I have hundreds of documents on my pc, I'm typically working with around 20 documents. These 20 docs are sensibly ordered [scattered] across different folders, some local and some in the cloud. I want a quick place to access all 20 or so documents INSTANTLY. At...
  10. "This PC" My Documents folder pointing to One Drive and Cannot Change

in Windows 10 Support
    "This PC" My Documents folder pointing to One Drive and Cannot Change: Not sure how it happened, but now both the One Drive - My Documents and the This PC - My Documents shortcuts in the file explorer both point to the "One Drive" My Documents folder. AND apparently that setting was backed up to One Drive, because my new PC now has that setting...