Windows 10: Windows 10 does not accept my admin password

Discus and support Windows 10 does not accept my admin password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After windows 10 2004 Update, my computer Acer Predator G6 started to reboot periodically Kernel Power 41. I had similar issues after each update, so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LovroSelic, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 does not accept my admin password

After windows 10 2004 Update, my computer Acer Predator G6 started to reboot periodically Kernel Power 41. I had similar issues after each update, so I changerd power options as the were offered as solution. That worked.

After last update I went to registry and deleted everything with "ProfileImagePath' in it. I made a backup before, but it doesn't matter, because I cannot access it.

First time after reboot, the system didn't accept correct password. So I changed it - didn' work. I went to my MS account and changed it there. It still wasn't accepted yes, computer shows that it is connected to internet.

System restore wants admin pass, commad prompt wants admin pass, even safe mode wants admin pass.

It seems I am out of options ...

can anybody help?

:)

LovroSelic, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 28, 2020
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 does not accept my admin password

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 does not accept my admin password

1. Windows 10 does not accept my admin password - Similar Threads - does accept admin

2. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  3. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  4. Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?: Hello,So to make a long story short, I needed to reload Windows 10 from a restore point due to installing a bad theme. When I had begun to do so, Windows requested my password, which I had forgotten and thereafter reset through the website. It does not accept this reset...
  5. Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?: Hello,So to make a long story short, I needed to reload Windows 10 from a restore point due to installing a bad theme. When I had begun to do so, Windows requested my password, which I had forgotten and thereafter reset through the website. It does not accept this reset...
  6. Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. W10Pro will not accept admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10Pro will not accept admin password: Enabled admin gave it a password Disabled me user 'tom" as admin and left me "tom" as only a user. Rebooted tried to log on as admin and W10Pro rejected the new Admin password. I can not perform any admin tasks now on this machine. Why would windows not accept the new...
  8. Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in: The administrator log in changed from auto to manual when windows auto updated on the 18/ january. I do not have the old password & windows will not allow ANY ACCESS. Even when restarting with shift key held down. Unable todo anything W/O password. i need a way to get...
  9. Windows 10 wont accept my password for admin log in and cant reset it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wont accept my password for admin log in and cant reset it: Went to log into my PC in admin mode and it wont accept any of my recent and changed passwords and I cant change it as it requests a disk that should have previously been set up. Running Win 10 home version 1909 OS Build 18363.476 Any help greatly appreciated Norman...
  10. Built in Admin login no long accepts my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in Admin login no long accepts my password: And, my user account went from admin to standard user after the two last updates. Now, I can no longer address the issue in Built in Admin mode nor can I do it in my standard account. Please, please, tell me I don't have to reinstall windows 10? *LOL* If I do have to...