Windows 10: Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone

Discus and support Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop is Lenovo Ideapad L340 with windows 10. The built-in microphone is great but the microphone that comes with my headphone is bad. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chotirawee, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone

Hi, my laptop is Lenovo Ideapad L340 with windows 10. The built-in microphone is great but the microphone that comes with my headphone is bad. The problem is that the sound control panel on this laptop does not allow me to choose microphone input.

The first picture is the sound control panel with my headphone plugged in.

Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone c57fbaa1-1e80-4123-8770-69f873a942a8?upload=true.png

The second picture is without my headphone

Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone e927faa5-5adb-46ca-8386-fd8dec2056ad?upload=true.png

As you can see, there is only one option I can choose called "Microphone Array". It forces me to use headphone mic when I plug in my headphone, and it let me use the laptop mic only when I have no other mic.

:)

Chotirawee, Aug 1, 2020

2. Microphone not working

Hey there Carissa, could you try this for me?

Open Settings.

Click on Privacy.

Click on Microphone.

Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.

After completing the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable microphone access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In the case the feature isn't enable, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

SonGoku'sSon, Aug 1, 2020
  3. MUTING MICROPHONE

Hi, TommyGaming

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor

try the following

Steps to follow to solve problems with the microphone in Windows 10 April 2018 Update

The first thing we are going to do is open the Windows 10 Configuration page and navigate through the Privacy> Microphone options. Once there, we must make sure that the switch of the option Allow applications to access the microphone is in the ON position.
    If not, we must activate it.

Just below this option, we will see a list of applications that can access the microphone of our team and from where we can control the access to the device of each of them individually. Therefore, for each application we have a switch with which we can indicate
    if we want to use the microphone of the equipment or not. In this list, we must check if the switch of the applications in which we have detected that the microphone does not work is in the ON position.

It is important to know that if access to the microphone on our computer is disabled, we will not be able to manage the microphone access permissions for the applications individually. If we find this case, then we must allow the operating system to access
    the microphone.

To do this, from the configuration page of Windows 10 April 2018 Update we go back to Privacy> Microphone and verify if the access to the microphone for this device is activated. If not, click on the Change button a small window will open with a switch that
    allows us to activate access to the microphone on our PC. After all this, we should check how the problems with the microphone in Windows 10 April 2018 Update have been fixed.

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone

1. Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone - Similar Threads - does allow switch

2. Windows does not allow me to install an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not allow me to install an app: I'm trying to install an app but it's not letting me to install any software. I can only install from Microsoft App Store. Any help will be appreciated....
  3. Windows does not allow me to install an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not allow me to install an app: I'm trying to install an app but it's not letting me to install any software. I can only install from Microsoft App Store. Any help will be appreciated....
  4. Does windows 11 license allow me to install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 license allow me to install windows 10?: Hello.Just wondering.I need to buy a windows license, I have a software that requires windows10 because right now they have issues with windows11 and they recommend for the moment to continue with windows 10.I don't want to buy win10 and latter buy win11 once win10 reach his...
  5. Does windows 11 license allow me to install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does windows 11 license allow me to install windows 10?: Hello.Just wondering.I need to buy a windows license, I have a software that requires windows10 because right now they have issues with windows11 and they recommend for the moment to continue with windows 10.I don't want to buy win10 and latter buy win11 once win10 reach his...
  6. Windows Does not allow me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Does not allow me to sign in: Hello, Microsoft community.I have not been able to sign in to my system. I have also tried signing in with safe mode but all to no avail.Even when I try to sign with safe mode It does not allow me to sign in what it does is that it shows sign-in on the page but when i click...
  7. ICON TASKBAR DOESNT ALLOW ME TO SWITCH APP

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON TASKBAR DOESNT ALLOW ME TO SWITCH APP: Hi, I'm having a weird issue with the apps icons in the taskbar.You see, I have different apps opened and when I try to switch back to one of them by using the taskbar I try to point over the icon of the app I want to switch to but the previews don't show up or sometimes they...
  8. Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to view...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to view...: Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to open or view them even when online. When I click on the email, all emails scroll up and disappear....
  9. Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User: I have the best computer in my household and we occasionally share my computer, either for access to a better machine or just to print something out of my printer which doesn't like to connect to WiFi. BUT as of one of the latest updates to Windows 10, my computer no longer...
  10. Windows Store does not allow me to install device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store does not allow me to install device: Hi there, I bought Project Cars 2 on the windows store but I cannot install it. Below is the result when i try to install. I have the latest updates and windows installed. I have reset the windows store as well. Please help. [ATTACH]...