Windows 10: Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

Discus and support Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the past I have used a PIN to log in to my desktop. I have removed the PIN for a short period of time and want to start using it again. I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregZ2, Dec 19, 2019.

1. GregZ2 Win User

Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

In the past I have used a PIN to log in to my desktop. I have removed the PIN for a short period of time and want to start using it again. I went to Settings - Accounts - Sign-In Options and added my new PIN. It says that my PIN is set up to sign in to Windows, etc but when I turn off my PC and then turn it back on, it does not ask me for my PIN or even the password, it just logs me in without any credentials.

Did anyone have the same problem as me and can help figure this out?

Thank you for reading.

:)

GregZ2, Dec 19, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Windows Startup password

It's most likely her Microsoft.com or live.com password it's linked to windows 10. I would recommend once you get in to either enable a pin or enable auto login

Her account must of got signed out somehow which is why it's asking for the Microsoft password either by major system update or buy a user switch or buy some setting the requires a log out

Just have her type in Microsoft.com into Google,and have her log into that site. Or it's also called live.com if she can't remember it it's likely saved in her passwords in the browser settings

If none of that works try tapping F8 immediately from start up see if booting into safe mode or something else works

jboydgolfer, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

1. Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup - Similar Threads - does ask PIN

2. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  3. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  4. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.: My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced options process with no luck. Any advice on how to get back to login with my password?...
  5. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.: My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced options process with no luck. Any advice on how to get back to login with my password?...
  6. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  7. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  8. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

9. password/pin at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password/pin at startup: I had a new hard drive installed in my Windows 10 laptop... now it doesn't ask for the password at startup... I would like that feature back... thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordpin-at-startup/dfc21509-7438-4ca7-ac2c-0bfd1102430b
  10. Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password: I did a Windows update and now the startup window is only asking me for a pin with no option to enter a password. I never set up a pin, so there is no way for me to login. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions? submitted by /u/dj_b [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows does not ask for pin after booting

2. windows 10 not asking for pin or password