Windows 10: Windows 10 does not automatically install Xbox One controller driver when I plug it in

Discus and support Windows 10 does not automatically install Xbox One controller driver when I plug it in in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can anyone shed some light on what may be the problem here? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bpal89, Apr 17, 2020.

1. bpal89 Win User

Windows 10 does not automatically install Xbox One controller driver when I plug it in

Can anyone shed some light on what may be the problem here?

Thank you.

:)

bpal89, Apr 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 automatically installed incorrect driver

Hello Luke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned methods and see if that helps:

Method 1: Set up a wired Xbox 360 controller on Windows:

You may refer the Xbox controller forum article on
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    and

Troubleshoot your Xbox controller for Windows

Method 2: Updating correct drivers for Xbox 360 controller.

Use the built-in troubleshooter:

1. In Device Manager, double-click Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.
    2. Select Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps provided.

Remove and then redetect the controller:
    1. Right-click Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, and then select Uninstall.
    2. In the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes.
    Try updating the driver:

1. Double-click Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.
    2. On the Driver tab, select Update Driver.

If the issues still persists, reply with following details:

1. Do you receive any specific error message on your Windows 10 when you try to connect your Xbox controller?
    2. Have you installed all the Windows 10 updates on your computer?
    3. Do you see Xbox controller option in
      Device manager?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Hi,

The drivers for Xbox 360 Controllers are automatically installed on Windows 10. If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.

We also suggest that you install all the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 does not automatically install Xbox One controller driver when I plug it in

Can't install xbox wireless adapter drivers on windows 10.

Hi Louis,

I understand that some steps ae done to try to resolve this issue and that you have tried downloading the drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog. For us to help you in resolving this issue, may we ask you to do the following?

• Unplug the XBOX cable from the computer.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Plug in the XBOX cable and check if it will try to install the adapter.

If the above step won't work, I suggest you to follow the suggestions by
    Andre Da Costa
    in below article and check if it resolves the issue.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Kindly provide us update on this issue.

Carmela Ric, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 does not automatically install Xbox One controller driver when I plug it in

1. Windows 10 does not automatically install Xbox One controller driver when I plug it in - Similar Threads - does automatically install

2. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows: My xbox one controller that I've plugged into my computer just keeps flashing. It gets recognized in device manager but there's a warning symbol next to it.I've tried to search this problem up but I can't find the solution....
  3. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows: My xbox one controller that I've plugged into my computer just keeps flashing. It gets recognized in device manager but there's a warning symbol next to it.I've tried to search this problem up but I can't find the solution....
  4. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in: just recently built a pc and it doesnt have bluetooth compatibilites. when i plug a micro usb into my controller and into my pc my controller just blinks and doesnt do anything...
  6. Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in: just recently built a pc and it doesnt have bluetooth compatibilites. when i plug a micro usb into my controller and into my pc my controller just blinks and doesnt do anything...
  7. Xbox One Controller Drivers Not Installed on PC

Xbox One Controller Drivers Not Installed on PC: So, after having trouble getting my Xbox One Controller to connect to my computer, I decided to reinstall the drivers. I opened up the device manager and to my surprise, the Controller drivers just did not exist. How can I get new drivers?...
  8. Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in: Hi people, So recently I've noticed a huge bug when it comes to the Xbox One controller. When i plug in the controller to my Windows 10 PC, I notice everything slowing down a little bit. The system becomes noticeably laggy. To further prove that this is the controller,...
  9. Xbox One Controller Drivers

Xbox One Controller Drivers: I have recently bought a Windows 10 PC. I tried to plug my controller in to play games with it however it just does a little rumble, the light does not come on, and the controller does not work. I have looked through the device manager and cannot find any controller drivers....
  10. Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller: Hello, I've noticed whenever I try plugging in my Xbox one controller, the computer suddenly crashes, it's booted and I've plugged it in multiple times and it just keeps crashing. I think it's a driver error but I'm not sure where it is in the device manager and how to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller driver windows 10

2. driver for xbox one controller windows 10

3. plug wireless xbox 1 controller windows 10

4. xbxo one controller driver windows 10,
  5. xbox one driver windows 10