Windows 10: Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd

Discus and support Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In prior Windows, including 7 I was able to insert a cd or dvd in the drive close the door and the disk would automatically work. With Windows 10 it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rodand1, Aug 8, 2016.

1. rodand1 Win User

Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd

In prior Windows, including 7 I was able to insert a cd or dvd in the drive close the door and the disk would automatically work. With Windows 10 it is like pulling teeth to get a dvd to play automatically. I have gone into settings > AutoPlay and selected Ask me everytime under both Removable Drive and Memory Card. I had read that in a windows 10 post somewhere as a solution. That does nothing for me. All I want is to be able to insert a disk in my dvd drive and get music to play automatically without me having to look for some obscure way to use my dvd player. Is there a simple fix that actually works? What did Microsoft do with Windows 10 to remove this convenient operation?

:)

rodand1, Aug 8, 2016

2. DVD/CD autoplay doesn't work with Windows 10

DVD/CD autoplay doesn't work with windows 10

Original Title: DVD/CD autoplay

FredBowers, Aug 8, 2016
  3. How can I assign a media player to autoplay CDs?

How can I assign different media players to autoplay CDs/DVDs/Blurays?

I want Winamp to autoplay CDs when I insert them into the DVD drive, and I want PowerDVD to autoplay DVDs/Blurays when I insert DVDs/Blurays into the drive.

How can I do this?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

BetterToday, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

My Win10 Pro [Upgraded from Win7 Pro w/SP1] has the autoplay working, sometimes gives a flyout message asking how to handle it depending upon the type of data on the disc. For DVD movies I installed VideoLAN/VLC, works good on formats Windows Media Player/WMP can't handle.

Berton, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Margister Win User
    Perhaps you don't have the software installed to run the contents of the DVD, as in the file extension is not associated with the program?
    AutoPlay usually works when you either have a autorun file on the drive or a known file extension.

Margister, Aug 8, 2016
  6. rodand1 Win User
    I went back into Settings, AutoPlay, turned AutoPlay off then turned it back on and now it is working. Thanks for all the help.

rodand1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd - Similar Threads - does AutoPlay dvd

2. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  3. DVD Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD Autoplay: Running Windows 10 I have installed a free media and dvd player called Media Player Classic MPC. I can set this application as the default player for media files, and it all works fine. When I open a DVD with the application, it opens and run without any issues. When...
  4. Windows 10 does not recognize cd/dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not recognize cd/dvd player: After recent update windows 10 does not recognise dvd player and i am not able to play dvd in my dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognize-cddvd-player/3737604e-93bb-48bc-bce7-0fb9a6b374d0
  5. dvd drive will not autoplay

dvd drive will not autoplay: dvd drive will not autoplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-will-not-autoplay/225b4b4c-fdbe-42b6-ac2e-6c9e4996e936
  6. turn on CD autoplay?

turn on CD autoplay?: turn on CD autoplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-cd-autoplay/ce087b30-f7d0-48cd-ac97-8c0ab561df4e
  7. Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive: Autoplay does not work when a disk is inserted in the optical drive. Drive operates but the popup window associated with autoplay does not work. I have to open file explorer and point to the drive with my mouse to get the autoplay notification to work. Does anyone know how to...
  8. DVD/CD Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD/CD Does Not Work: I installed a new 500Gb SSD on my computer. Everything worked out fine except I can't get my DVD/CD Rom to work. It does show up on the desktop, but when I insert a program disk it does NOT respond. Any suggestions? Windows 10 Pro, 8Gb of RAM, Dell I5 computer which...
  9. DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's: I have an asus laptop (ROG Gamer) with windows 10 and cd's nor dvd's can be recognized from the dvd drive, also windows media player does not show it, can someone help me?...
  10. autoplay cd in windows 10

autoplay cd in windows 10: Hi Like many others I am unable to get my laptop to autoplay cd or dvd discs when inserted. I am not offered the option to run the aurorun file. If I open file explorer I am able to open the files and use them, but if I insert the same disc in my desktop it offers me to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not autoplay dvd

2. dvd does not autoplay windows 10

3. cd does not autorun

4. cd doesnt autoplay,
  5. cd does not autoplay,
  6. ph running win10 will no autoplay when dvd is installed untile you open file explorer,
  7. windows 1909 will not autostart cd,
  8. windows 10 autoplay dvd,
  9. cd will not autuplay,
  10. windows 10 cd dvd autoplay,
  11. dvd does not play windows 10,
  12. autostart cd or DVD,
  13. windows 10 audio cd will not autoplay,
  14. auto play cd and dvd windows 10,
  15. autorun dvd cd ve windows 10