Windows 10: Windows 10 does not back up

Discus and support Windows 10 does not back up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The drive D: is connected. It is a new external drive because the last one is full. It is formatted and the Windows 10 system image has been created in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffreyStutchbury, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 does not back up

The drive D: is connected. It is a new external drive because the last one is full. It is formatted and the Windows 10 system image has been created in this drive.As seen above, Windows has recognised the Expansion Drive as 3.63TB. When the Back up now button is pressed, the computer ‘thinks for a bit’ and then the Security and Maintenance black box appears in the bottom RHS as shown.No back up has occurred.What have I omitted to do?

:)

GeoffreyStutchbury, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 does not back up

Delta6326, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 does not back up

1. Windows 10 does not back up - Similar Threads - does

2. Incompatible drivers that does not allow to turn on Memory integrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incompatible drivers that does not allow to turn on Memory integrity: It shows that I have 3 drivers and all of these are from when I had downloaded a program called VerySoft Split Webcam. I did uninstall it but apparently there is some stuff still left behind. Screenshot attached....
  3. If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break?: I did some stuff to my partitions and realized too late that I left some unallocated space after all the partitions, at the far right. If I use some program to move it does windows break and need reinstallation?Below in an image of my partition scheme...
  4. Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.: I switched from a US to UK keyboard. One of the main difference between the is that the key with scan code 28 VK_OEM_3 changes it's shift character from double-quote U+0022 to at-sign U+0040. However, then I switched keyboard layouts, the key didn't work when connected via...
  5. Windows Defender does not function in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender does not function in Safe Mode: Hi All, first time in this forum. Windows Defender informed me I had PUA:win32/ibryteinstaller. I removed it, though it had apparently been there for a while. My question is, is ibryteinstaller just a PUA or is it actually malware. In any case I did a reset PC and set up a...
  6. Does not detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does not detect second monitor: I have two identical monitors Acer 240H, but lately one screen comes on but then shows "No Signal."I've read that this can be an issue, and have overcome the issue a few times, but now can't find the info or get it to see or detect my second monitor. I have an HP Omen the...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix this with my MXS service ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does anyone know how to fix this with my MXS service ram?: My MXS service starts using up to 20% ram and most of my battery. Im able to disable it from the task manager and it gets fixed, but its only temporary until I turn my computer on again. Could it be from my pc settings or a possible malware?...
  8. Why does MBR2GPT say I have 4 partitions when I only have 2?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does MBR2GPT say I have 4 partitions when I only have 2?: I'm trying to convert my MBR drive to GPT, but every time I try it doesn't work, and when I look at the report in the windows folder it says I have 4 partitions, when I only have 2 in the drive I am trying to convert. Is there any way to fix this?...
  9. why does my wallpaper keepon changing to a picture which i have never downloaded

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my wallpaper keepon changing to a picture which i have never downloaded: hi,for past few months my laptop background pic changes automatically to this pic below and im not able to find this pic anywhere in my libraries and files , i tried doing some scans but it says its clean according to my memory i have never downloaded this pic i went online...
  10. Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File...: When I insert an Audio CD in the DVD Drive, windows opens the contents in the File Explorer view. Windows Media Player does not recognize the CD as an audio CD - hence the audio CD can not be played nor ripped to the hard disk.Need a solution....