Windows 10: Windows 10 does not back up

Discus and support Windows 10 does not back up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The drive D: is connected. It is a new external drive because the last one is full. It is formatted and the Windows 10 system image has been created in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffreyStutchbury, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 does not back up

The drive D: is connected. It is a new external drive because the last one is full. It is formatted and the Windows 10 system image has been created in this drive.As seen above, Windows has recognised the Expansion Drive as 3.63TB. When the Back up now button is pressed, the computer ‘thinks for a bit’ and then the Security and Maintenance black box appears in the bottom RHS as shown.No back up has occurred.What have I omitted to do?

:)

GeoffreyStutchbury, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 does not back up

Delta6326, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 does not back up

1. Windows 10 does not back up - Similar Threads - does

2. KB5005565 Does Not Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5005565 Does Not Install: We have a brand new Windows 10 laptop with a total of 2 TB and 309 GB free.Whenever we restart the laptop, KB5005565 installs partway, the computer says it cannot complete installation, and the computer restarts after that.Why does this keep happening? Is this update...
  3. The windows kb5005565 update does not complete install upon restart to update, anyone else...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The windows kb5005565 update does not complete install upon restart to update, anyone else...: I have tried numerous ways to try and fix this and nothing worked, pc does a restart automatically at 7% complete then the update fails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-kb5005565-update-does-not-complete/6a8d2cce-917e-4837-bddf-5e4290bba9b1
  4. Windows 10 does not recognise NavMan GPS when connected by USB Cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not recognise NavMan GPS when connected by USB Cable: Please provide a new solution for this that supports the current version of Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognise-navman-gps-when/4566286f-c856-46b1-a140-fd50b4bd7a64
  5. Focus assist does not stop Chrome notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus assist does not stop Chrome notifications: I have Focus Assist on, it works fine, moves low priority notifications to the Action Centre, shows high-priority notifications, but CHROME. Focus Assist never works with Chrome, Chrome always shows me notifications, whether I've kept Focus Assist on, Alarms only mode, or...
  6. External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer: I have a 2TB Seagate External HDD , which is not showing the Name of the drive properly in Windows Explorer. The Drive is Originally Named as "SEAGATE" , Disk Partition manager , Disk Defragmentor , shows the Drive name as "SEAGATE" but due to some Reason the Windows Explorer...
  7. Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times?: Microsoft says that they've removed it due to issues. But I've heard it play one of the times I tried to do an Offline scan with Windows Defender. I edited the registry to have the Exit Windows option back and I didn't use Task Scheduler....
  8. does this look like something is wrong?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    does this look like something is wrong?: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 Date: 9/17/2021 7:24:07 PM Event ID: 4097 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-4OGGHSU Description: Successful auto update of third-party root certificate:: Subject:...
  9. Does anyone know the name of the files that hold all my emails?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone know the name of the files that hold all my emails?: Does anyone know the name of the files that hold all my emails? Somehow it changed and the most "recent" emails are from 2016! Any and all help greatly appreciated. Using latest versions of Windows 10 and ThunderbirdThank you....
  10. does anyone know the name of the files that hold all my emails?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    does anyone know the name of the files that hold all my emails?: does anyone know the name of the files that hold all my emails? somehow it changed and the most "recent" emails are from 2016! Any and all help greatly appreciated.Thank you....