Windows 10: Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Windows. I had two SSDs in the "mirror" dynamic disks, I used Acronis software to "break the mirror" and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marched, May 2, 2020.

1. Marched Win User

Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with my Windows. I had two SSDs in the "mirror" dynamic disks, I used Acronis software to "break the mirror" and it broke my entire operating system. I converted the disks to "basic" using the Paragon tool and the datawas not lost, but Windows is not loading now. Only a black screen and a cursor that appears only when I move the mouse.

I turned on the F8 feature and tried each mode, from “Safe Mode” to "Enable low-res video" - nothing works. I started "Repair My Computer" but it didn't help. I can run the command line, I tried sfx /scannow but it also does not work.

Here is NTBTLOG: https://pastebin.com/4w7RXaTS

How can I find the reason it is not boot? Thanks!

:)

Marched, May 2, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, May 2, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, May 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor

Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor

1. Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor - Similar Threads - does boot black

2. PC booting to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC booting to a black screen with cursor: Hey, My PC was working fine yesterday night as it installed the latest update. This morning however I cannot access anything anymore. As soon as it boots I don't see the login screen but go directly to a black screen where I can move my cursor. I've been googling around...
  3. Windows 10 will not boot and shows a black screen with cursor instead.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not boot and shows a black screen with cursor instead.: This happened to me last night, although I wasnt trying to boot the thing, i was trying to log in after pressing windows= + L and leaving it for a few minutes. When i got back, i was greeted by a black screen. I tried restarting my pc, nothing changed, atill getting a black...
  4. Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor: I just plugged in a new monitor, and the monitor shows the boot screen, then just shows a black screen, I looked it up on YouTube, and they all said to press Ctrl+alt+del, open task manager, I do somethi g else, but i cant open tadk manager either. Ive restarted my computer,...
  5. Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor: So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but then i desired to use my other ssd to make my computer run both windows and linux mint, I have done this before on my dell...
  6. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor: I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor. I have tried a bunch of things but to no avail. I don't have any peripherals attached. Everything was working fine until the last shut down, all...
  7. Booting to black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  8. Windows boots to black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen, no cursor: Windows 10 Prof x64 Sager Laptop, i7 NVidia 980M<br /><br /> This morning I resumed my computer back from sleep and different programs started hanging. So, I decided to restart. I restarted my computer and it stayed on the restart screen for ages, like 30 minutes. So I...
  9. Windows 10 commonly boots to a black screen with no cursor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 commonly boots to a black screen with no cursor?: Yeah, just registered with Ten Forums and all that good stuff, and so here's my first of possibly many issues I shall bring to you. xD I upgraded my preview build of Windows 10 (10130) to the pro final version because the preview wasn't able to find additional builds and kept...
  10. Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor: Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far. i have just upgraded from 7-10...