Windows 10: Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into Automatic Repair mode after forced shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into Automatic Repair mode after forced shut down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into an Automatic Repair loop after forced shut down. No option appears to solve the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johannes Stark, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into Automatic Repair mode after forced shut down

Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into an Automatic Repair loop after forced shut down. No option appears to solve the problem.

:)

Johannes Stark, Sep 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into Automatic Repair mode after forced shut down [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Sep 28, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into Automatic Repair mode after forced shut down

RCoon, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into Automatic Repair mode after forced shut down

1. Windows 10 does not boot, goes straight into Automatic Repair mode after forced shut down - Similar Threads - does boot goes

2. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting: So this night, there was a power cut at my house and my pc was active macro on a game and this morning, I woke up, restored the electricity and booted my pc but then the screen turned black and the power button was ticking that means on my pc that it’s in sleep mode I have a...
  3. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting: So this night, there was a power cut at my house and my pc was active macro on a game and this morning, I woke up, restored the electricity and booted my pc but then the screen turned black and the power button was ticking that means on my pc that it’s in sleep mode I have a...
  4. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows on Huawei Matebook, when turned on, goes straight to 'Automatic Repair', no Repairs...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows on Huawei Matebook, when turned on, goes straight to 'Automatic Repair', no Repairs...: I tried to do a factory reset on my Huawei matebook running Windows 11.The reset failed after about 30 seconds, since then, when I turn my laptop on it goes straight to 'Automatic Repair' mode.When I try to repair , following all the possible options, the repair fails and the...
  6. Windows on Huawei Matebook, when turned on, goes straight to 'Automatic Repair', no Repairs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on Huawei Matebook, when turned on, goes straight to 'Automatic Repair', no Repairs...: I tried to do a factory reset on my Huawei matebook running Windows 11.The reset failed after about 30 seconds, since then, when I turn my laptop on it goes straight to 'Automatic Repair' mode.When I try to repair , following all the possible options, the repair fails and the...
  7. Windows on Huawei Matebook, when turned on, goes straight to 'Automatic Repair', no Repairs...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 keeps rebooting on the booting screen. It does this for automatic repair mode as...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps rebooting on the booting screen. It does this for automatic repair mode as...: My PC keeps rebooting a second or two after the windows 10 logo appears. I've tried restarting it a bunch of times to get it to automatic repair mode. Unfortunately it reboots within the first couple seconds of automatic repair mode as well so I can't get past the logo their...
  9. Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode: I've had my new Lenovo laptop since August 2019, and the following started happening this week after I installed the latest MS updates on 2/11/20. When I close the lid or briefly push the power button, the laptop properly goes into the Sleep Mode this is the way I have it...
  10. Laptop goes straight into automatic repair mode after Windows 10 May 2019 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes straight into automatic repair mode after Windows 10 May 2019 update: Windows 10 was updated on my laptop on May 15 and it went straight into automatic repair mode as soon as I restarted it and continues to do so. I have exhausted all options offered from the repair options: restart, restore, reset, even restart with the new workaround posted...