Windows 10: Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card

Discus and support Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have seen this question circulating for a while now as in the link below and I have encountered the same problem with my windows 10 win10 is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muhammad FahadArshad, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card

Muhammad FahadArshad, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card at all

I have precisely the same difficulty, been struggling for 6 weeks. Windows 10 just does not recognize the network device. It does connect to wireless through the LAN icon, but I cannot manage wireless because it does not even show up on the network settings
    page, merely states thee are no wireless devices. So I cannot get a list of available networks or choose the one I need, I am automatically connected to a network anonymously. I cannot verify my machine, because windows does not detect me as being online.
    Windows update works, but none of the windows store apps detect me as being online either. Troubleshooting detects that 'one or more network protocols' are missing, and Windows Sockets are not set up for wireless. Conundrum that I have been circling aroun
    d for weeks.

MargaretCollinsVG, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card at all

No, thanks, but I have done all that , even deleted winsock and win sock2 files and replaced them with the files from a working computer.

My issue was similar, windows 10 detected my Broadcom Ethernet, but not my intel wireless. I installed intel drivers and now it shows in device manager, and I hook up to internet automatically, but my hookup-up is through the Ethernet icon, and there is
    still no wireless management. Even network settings don't give me the option as 'no wireless devices are detected on this computer'. This hookup does not give me access to available networks.

Yesterday, I discovered in Windows-r msinfo32, BOTH my network cards are listed as Ethernet! Windows itself doesn't accept the wireless card as wireless.

Most of the Microsoft apps don't work, windows update does and I can sign on to my Microsoft account, but cannot verify my machine.

I have installed and reinstalled almost everything, scrolled through services and manually started everything related to wireless, at best I achieve a wireless category on the top of the network page and a fleeting glimpse of the wireless icon with a red
    x. All of the netsh resets just end up back where I started.

The problem has to be the driver, but I am certain I have the correct ones.

MargaretCollinsVG, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card

Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card at all

I am trying to setup a new computer with Windows 10. It has an installed network card (Intel 82567L 3 Gigabit) but while working in my home (and trying to get it setup) I don't actually have a hard-wired network setup - only a wireless one.

I have two different USB wireless cards:

* Netgear WN111v2

* Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 80211b/g/n

When I put the Netgear card in, it shows up in Device Manager as UCB2.0 WLAN. But after researching online it appears there are no Win10 drivers for this card.

When I put the Qualcomm card in, NOTHING shows up in Device Manager - it simply doesn't see it at all so I'm not able to update the drivers with the recommended ones. I know the card works because I'm using it in this laptop right now. I tried disabling
    the installed network card and trying it again but it still does not detect it.

I'm at a loss of what else to try to get it to at least detect the card so I can install the correct drivers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm technically not a geak per se but do have some moderate skill. Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card :)

AdriannaBell, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card

1. Windows 10 does not detect my wireless card - Similar Threads - does detect wireless

2. Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card: Hi,I have been using Windows 11 for quite some time, Suddenly one day I see my secondary Nvidia graphics card is not detected. Its not displayed in Device manager even if I select "show hidden devices". Also, in device manager below System component is showing error code...
  3. Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card: Hi,I have been using Windows 11 for quite some time, Suddenly one day I see my secondary Nvidia graphics card is not detected. Its not displayed in Device manager even if I select "show hidden devices". Also, in device manager below System component is showing error code...
  4. Windows 10 does not detect SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 does not detect SD card: Hello, so I bought a brand new 32 GB sd card to install an os into a raspberry pi I was using raspberry pi imager. when the program was writing the os to the sd card a text message appeared 'Error when writing the operative system', the window closed and it suddenly...
  5. Windows 10 does not detect SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 does not detect SD card: Hello, so I bought a brand new 32 GB sd card to install an os into a raspberry pi I was using raspberry pi imager. when the program was writing the os to the sd card a text message appeared 'Error when writing the operative system', the window closed and it suddenly...
  6. Windows 10 does not detect SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 not detecting the wireless card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not detecting the wireless card: Hi Microsoft, I got this fenvi fv 102 ngff to PCIe adapter today, I got an intel AX201 installed correctly, mount it and when I turned my computer on, I installed all the drivers using ethernet and restarted it, nothing happened, windows 10 only shows that I have ethernet on...
  8. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an Ethernet icon with a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...
  9. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon woth a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...
  10. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon woth a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...