Windows 10: Windows 10 does not detect Sony AVR as a sound device

Discus and support Windows 10 does not detect Sony AVR as a sound device in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Sony AVR connected to my Samsung TV. AVR model = STR-ZA2000ES. The AVR has its most current firmware. I also have a Windows 10 Pro PC (64Bit,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by KiwiTim, Dec 13, 2018.

1. KiwiTim Win User

Windows 10 does not detect Sony AVR as a sound device

I have a Sony AVR connected to my Samsung TV. AVR model = STR-ZA2000ES. The AVR has its most current firmware. I also have a Windows 10 Pro PC (64Bit, Version 1803, FX-8320-E, 8GB of DDR3) connected to the TV via the AVR. The TV is connected to the avr by an HDMI cable (V1.3a). Another HDMI cable v.1.3a is connected from the AVR to the HDMI port on an Asus Radeon R7 240 graphics card on the Windows 10 PC. Windows 10 is unable to detect my Sony AVR and reports the sound device as a Samsung TV. I used to be able to configure my "Samsung TV" sound device as 5.1 or 7.1 sound, but after some Windows updates I can now only configure it as stereo. I imagine this problem is caused by the EDID of the TV dominating in Windows, and it's probably something to do with AMD or Windows updates. Does anybody out there have a solution. I'd like my sound device in Windows to be Sony STR-ZA2000ES and be fully configurable for the speaker configuration that I have (5.1 or 7.1).
    I have tried different versions of AMD graphics drivers, including the most current one, but it does not help. I should be able to go into Control Panel, Sound, and see my AVR listed, but all I ever get is the Samsung TV.

:)

KiwiTim, Dec 13, 2018

2. GTX 680 HDMI sound on Yamaha AVR

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but not to technology *Wink Windows 10 does not detect Sony AVR as a sound device ;) Here is my question :

I have a GTX680 plugged into a Yamaha RX-V367 receiver. I then output the video signal using the AVR video out to my sony Bravia tv. Here's the issue... I get sound and picture... fine, but when I look into the windows sound settings, it shows Sony 01 and not my yamaha AVR... It seems to me my GTX 680 is skipping my whole AVR and using the Sony's internal codecs to output sound on my 5.1... the sound is good but not Yamaha good. When I power down my TV and have music playing on Windows media player, the sound cuts for a bit then comes back only to be super clear and crisp... also my HDMI signal flashes once then comes back on the OSD of my AVR as it seems to jump from the TV to my AVR. I also set my AVR to be on 'amp' and not on 'TV' to use the AVR sound but It still shows my Sony 01 as only usable audio device in windows sound control panel... I could buy a DVI to hdmi adapter plug it in back of my GPU and plug one HDMI cable to my TV for video, then use the HDMI out on my video card to plug in the AVR... but is there a way to skip this step?

Thanks!

HitmanSamus, Dec 13, 2018
  3. I2Believe Win User
    Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Dec 13, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
    If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

fireberd, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 does not detect Sony AVR as a sound device - Similar Threads - does detect Sony

2. Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device: I recently bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 on it, upgrading from my surface pro 4 with windows 10I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones which work with the windows 10 device and other laptops too with windows 10. But not with my windows 11 device, the earphones...
  3. Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device: I recently bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 on it, upgrading from my surface pro 4 with windows 10I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones which work with the windows 10 device and other laptops too with windows 10. But not with my windows 11 device, the earphones...
  4. sony VAIO windows 10 no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sony VAIO windows 10 no sound: Hi there!I've tried deleting drivers, etc etc troubleshooting yada yada and nothing is helping this..when I test for sound the system sounds are very audible but there is no sound coming through externally for anything else. Headphones are fine but otherwise there is...
  5. sony VAIO windows 10 no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sony VAIO windows 10 no sound: Hi there!I've tried deleting drivers, etc etc troubleshooting yada yada and nothing is helping this..when I test for sound the system sounds are very audible but there is no sound coming through externally for anything else. Headphones are fine but otherwise there is...
  6. sony VAIO windows 10 no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sony windows-10 not detecting Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony windows-10 not detecting Mobile Hotspot: Hello - My latopt sony vaio - Windows-10 is not detecting my Mobile Hotspot connection, although it dectects other WIFI networks. can anyone help...
  8. Windows 10 Does Not Detect USB Device

Windows 10 Does Not Detect USB Device: Windows 10 software on the laptop does not recognize any USB devices. I connected 2 different USB devices to each of the three usb ports on my laptop. I also checked that the USB drivers are working and upto date There are no other problems detected in Windows 10 laptop...
  9. HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV: Hello, I've recently fresh-installed Windows 10 Home on my Alienware 15 laptop. I've had it working with an external TV connected through HDMI. before the fresh install. In short, hardware wise nothing should be wrong. Cable, the TV and HDMI jack were working just fine a few...
  10. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR: Hi all, recently I received an AVR + Speakers & Sub from someone who did not have use for it anymore. I've been trying to use it with Windows 10 using "Dolby Atmos for Home Theater" selected under spatial sound. However, whenever I choose it, I don't get any sound whatsoever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pc not seeing sony AVR as audio device