Windows 10: Windows 10 Does Not Detect USB Device

Discus and support Windows 10 Does Not Detect USB Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 software on the laptop does not recognize any USB devices. I connected 2 different USB devices to each of the three usb ports on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ntracs, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Ntracs Win User

Windows 10 Does Not Detect USB Device

Windows 10 software on the laptop does not recognize any USB devices.

I connected 2 different USB devices to each of the three usb ports on my laptop.

I also checked that the USB drivers are working and upto date

There are no other problems detected in Windows 10 laptop version

Im not sure what why the USB devices is not detected on my laptop

Thank You

:)

Ntracs, Apr 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 12, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    [SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Not Detecting USB Devices

It is possible you may need to run VIAO update, after your upgrade to 8.1, to check for new drivers and patches.

Edit: Also, have you gone to device manager and check the item in the menu "show hidden devices".
    See if their are any problems, uninstall any usb devices, and their associated listings in the other sections of the device manager that should not be there.

If need be... try GhostBuster to remove any ghosted devices you need/want gone.

You may need to do a refresh of Windows 8.1 as a last resort.

95Viper, Apr 12, 2021
  4. chr0nos Win User

[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Not Detecting USB Devices

Hello everyone

I'm having some trouble with a new Vaio Pro 13 that doesn't want to detect new usb devices buth old ones work fine on the port i plugged them the first time.

It came with factory Windows 8, updgraded the bios to latest version before updating to Windows 8.1

then started acting up not detecting usb flash drives, mouse, keyboard nothing works except 1 usb flash drive that works in both ports but nothing else wants to work.

EDIT: Problem solved it was a physical problem with both ports sending to warranty *Oh Well Windows 10 Does Not Detect USB Device :eek:hwell:

chr0nos, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Does Not Detect USB Device - Similar Threads - Does Detect USB

2. Windows 10 Not Detecting Multiple USB to VGA Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Not Detecting Multiple USB to VGA Devices: I have a 2019 Acer Predator Helios 300 running windows 10. I need to run three external monitors. I only care about graphics on one monitor, so I'm running a single Acer gaming monitor off the single HDMI port. My other two monitors are Elo touchscreens with VGA only. I have...
  3. Windows 10 - Unable to detect USB devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Unable to detect USB devices: Hi I have a new Windows Computer. The computer is not able to recognise any of the USB devices. When I insert a USB thumb drive or USB dongle, I am not seeing them on "my computer" or anywhere in the system. Is there any setting to make USB active? The OS is Windows 10...
  4. USB device not detected

USB device not detected: I'm trying to use a logitech c920 webcam. Each time i plug it into a USB port, it either says "device not detected" or it will work for maybe 10 seconds and then shut off. I have Logitech G HUB installed. Anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  5. Windows does not detect USB drives

Windows does not detect USB drives: For some reason, my computer does not detect USB drives, or my SD card reader when I plug them in. I have checked the device manager, but everything looks ok there. If I rightclick the USB in the device manager and choose Scan for hardware changes, it does detect it. What...
  6. USB DEVICE COULD NOT BE DETECTED

USB DEVICE COULD NOT BE DETECTED: Hello, I have a microcontroller board BL0080 from Matrix Multimedia. It is a windows- based device. My problem is that I could not download the code through mLoader.exe from Flowcode 8 IDE Integrated Development Environment to my microcontroller board and the problem states...
  7. Windows detects no usb devices

Windows detects no usb devices: Windows 10 is detecting literally no usb devices, during in bios everything works fine, but when I boot into windows they don’t even get power. The also computer freezes on the boot screen 9/10 times Help? submitted by /u/AvoRunner [link] [comments]...
  8. USB DEVICES NOT DETECTED IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB DEVICES NOT DETECTED IN WINDOWS 10: I newly migrated to windows 10 from windows 7 but my usb devices has not been working ever since. What can I do to make them functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-devices-not-detected-in-windows-10/cda82769-608f-4954-a8f9-a0fd3b987e16
  9. Bluetooth Does Not Detect Devices

Bluetooth Does Not Detect Devices: After reinstalling the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update 1809, my ASUS R554L's Bluetooth 4.0 does not detect any devices. It will just endlessly scan for devices, but to no avail. I'm AR94x Wireless Network Adapter with BT4.0 support. Drivers are from 3/12/2018. For some...
  10. USB Connected Devices not detected

USB Connected Devices not detected: Laptop: HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-f202na Newly installed Windows 10 Hi I purchased this laptop some months ago using Windows 8.1. I had so many problems and hated the OS so much I upgraded to Windows 10. I have found that some devices I plug in via USB work just fine...