Windows 10: Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...

Discus and support Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OS version 1809, build 17763.437 (i.e. up to date) The only odd thing I've done regarding the system, is that I installed the Apple super drive driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ProfAlanBaxter, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...

OS version 1809, build 17763.437 (i.e. up to date)

The only odd thing I've done regarding the system, is that I installed the Apple super drive driver (and nothing else) from the Bootcamp software. I subsequently uninstalled it, but the system remained being able to read disks on the superdrive, so I assume something that was installed was not uninstalled by the uninstaller.

When a disk of any type is placed in the drive and the close button is pressed,

the light flashes a few times,

a green bar starts extending across File explorer as if it is reading the file system, but it doesn't complete within 12 hours,

and no disk appears in File Explorer

The alert saying "Insert a disk" remains.

If the alert is closed, right clicking drops down a menu that includes as active options eject, format and copy as if the file system knows there is a disk,

and if I select eject, the disk is ejected.

But if I select format, an alert says there is no disk in the drive.

I have VLC media player, and have tested the full version of PowerDVD 12, and a wide range of demos of other player software too.

None recognise the presence of any type of disk.

The drive is recognised in File Explorer and Device Manager, which says "This device is working properly".

The Driver is reported in Device Manager as "being the best driver for this device".

Autoplay is activated and has setting for every type of media.

The trouble shooter identifies no problems.

Firmwear is up to date.

I have tried uninstalling the device

I have tried deleting Upper Filters and Lower Filters entries on the registry.

I have tried adding a new Registry entry.

There are several other things I've tried that didn't work, but I can't remember them all - I'm sure if you suggest them, I'll recognise them as things I've tried.

The device manufacturer has given me a second drive that behaves in exactly the same way.

Thanks for any help & advice.

Alan

:)

ProfAlanBaxter, Apr 14, 2019
  2. PietPara Win User

My Samsung Blu Ray player not detected by Windows 10

I have an ASUS BluRay player model BW-16D1HT which was not being detected after upgrade to Win10. Using the suggested command and restarting solved the problem.

thanks

PietPara, Apr 14, 2019
  3. HotStuff1 Win User
    new problem for me, my asus M-disk bw-16d1ht is not recognized by win 10

my asus m-disk bw-16d1ht is recognized in American Megatrends Inc. 0701, 10/8/2012 bios on my ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MB but not in window 10 ver 1709. is there a setting for the SATA setup that needs to be changed in the bios or in win10 to make it work?
    i've made a reg change i saw on here with no change other than device manager now won't display my other dvd writer which is ide but it works fine so i'm not worried about it. i want to get my sata m-disk running i've tried compatibility modes for win8, win
    7,and xp.

HotStuff1, Apr 14, 2019
  4. kukane Win User

Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...

1. Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to... - Similar Threads - does read disks

2. ASUS Bluray BW-16D1HT reads discs but will not write

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Bluray BW-16D1HT reads discs but will not write: Hi there,I have installed a new ASUS Bluray BW-16D1HT internal optical drive. I purchased this to replace an older one which had stopped working on the assumption that it had a hardware fault. Now I doubt that. However, I cannot write anything to the new drive, despite being...
  3. My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind.

My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind.: So a little bit of history.I used to use a Mac mini, and could connect this bluray drive via a Sata to USB converter.I ended up building an HTPC.I've had to replace the motherboard in this PC twice.Originally this was an MSI B450 Tomahawk.When I built the PC, the optical...
  4. Insert Disk in Drive (E:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Insert Disk in Drive (E:): I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E:) Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk (E:) What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256 170780
  5. Insert disk into Drive E:?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insert disk into Drive E:?: I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk E: Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk E: What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256...
  6. Optical Blu Ray Drive does not read or access any disc inserted in Win 10

Optical Blu Ray Drive does not read or access any disc inserted in Win 10: I've been having this issue for a while. I have a Blu Ray drive on my PC that Windows 10 does not want to access the disc inserted at all. I can't explore the disc or play the disc. The drive shows up in device manager as installed as well as in windows explorer under this...
  7. Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading

Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading: hi all having searched these pages for 2 days now, tried everything i found i cannot fix this issue. my Pioneer BD-Rw 208d blu-ray writer cannot read the disks i backed up using this writer in windows 8.1, just 6 months ago i finally plunged for a new pc and windows 10...
  8. windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows.

windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows.: ever since I updated windows 10 my bluray drive will only play dvd or cd all ok but when I put a bluray disk in to play explorer tells me there is no disk in drive. this only occurred since I last updated windows 10. I have uninstalled drive and rebooted to re install...
  9. Bluray Driver will not read any disk windows 10 update Model: Matshita BD-MLT UJ272Q

Bluray Driver will not read any disk windows 10 update Model: Matshita BD-MLT UJ272Q: Is there an updated driver for Matshita BD-MLT UJ272Q, windows 10 will not read the disk. tried un/re-installing from device manager and still does not read. the operating system shows the hardware/drive (i.e. assigned letter) in explorer but when disc (Bluray, audio, data)...
  10. Disk drive does not read any DVD's anymore. (Not a hardware problem)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk drive does not read any DVD's anymore. (Not a hardware problem): Hello, Since I upgraded to windows10 I am unable to watch movies from a DVD. I can read other kinds of disks just fine, just not movies. For instance, I wanted to watch the sixth Harry Potter movie. So I enter my DVD but my laptop just says there is no disk entered. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus bw-16d1ht wont read bluray disc

2. asus bw-16d1ht will not read disc

3. ASUS BW-16D1HT will not read sdisc

4. asus bw-16d1ht cant read audio cd