Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

Discus and support Windows 10 does not recognise cameras in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; External ones that is, 2 brands, 4 models.Plugging them in to USB ports has no effectI've tried 3 USB ports, a direct one on the PC, a hub and one on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rainieria, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Rainieria Win User

Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

External ones that is, 2 brands, 4 models.Plugging them in to USB ports has no effectI've tried 3 USB ports, a direct one on the PC, a hub and one on the side of an attached external drive. All three ports work fine with flash drives. No response whatsoever from any of my cameras.Everything worked fine a few weeks ago and I have the latest Windows upgrade. How can I fix this please

:)

Rainieria, Oct 30, 2022

2. Lapsun camera won't recognise USB

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the lapsun camera?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step:

Step 2.

I would suggest you to go to the camera manufacturer website and check for the updated driver for Windows 10. If not available try installing the available driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 30, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2022
  4. Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

Windows camera does not recognise Facebook as a background app?

My camera does not recognise Facebook in the list of background apps. My logitech camera is not recognised when I try to do a facebook live from my PC. Can someone please help me with this

GinaMendoza1, Oct 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

1. Windows 10 does not recognise cameras - Similar Threads - does recognise cameras

2. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  3. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  4. Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 does not recognise cameras: External ones that is, 2 brands, 4 models.Plugging them in to USB ports has no effectI've tried 3 USB ports, a direct one on the PC, a hub and one on the side of an attached external drive. All three ports work fine with flash drives. No response whatsoever from any of my...
  5. Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

Windows 10 does not recognise cameras: External ones that is, 2 brands, 4 models.Plugging them in to USB ports has no effectI've tried 3 USB ports, a direct one on the PC, a hub and one on the side of an attached external drive. All three ports work fine with flash drives. No response whatsoever from any of my...
  6. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not recognised: Hello,The built in webcam is not working on my Dell 15-7559 Inspiron. When I open the camera app, it gives me the code 'no cameras are attached'. The camera doesn't show up on device manager even under hidden devices. I have updated the laptop and still no luck.Thanks,Maya...
  7. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not recognised: Hello,The built in webcam is not working on my Dell 15-7559 Inspiron. When I open the camera app, it gives me the code 'no cameras are attached'. The camera doesn't show up on device manager even under hidden devices. I have updated the laptop and still no luck.Thanks,Maya...
  8. Camera not recognised

9. Windows 10 does not recognise Lumix Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not recognise Lumix Camera: I have connected Lumix Camera to new PC running Windows 10 & the camera does not show in devices & drives therefore I cannot download photos to PC? This worked fine on previous PC...
  10. Skype does not recognise my camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype does not recognise my camera: Hello, I have been trying Skype on my Windows 10 but it doesn't recognise my camera. I have Skype version 8.40.0.70 and the camera is built into the PC which is an Aspire 5600U. Any helpful hints would be most appreciative as I have been trying to fix this problem for...