Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognise my Buffalo Ministation30 External HDrive

Discus and support Windows 10 does not recognise my Buffalo Ministation30 External HDrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It works on Win 7 Pro Laptop and was working perfectly well on Won 10 until 2 days ago! I have carried out the Device Manager uninstall if the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnK, Oct 22, 2015.

1. JohnK Win User

Windows 10 does not recognise my Buffalo Ministation30 External HDrive

It works on Win 7 Pro Laptop and was working perfectly well on Won 10 until 2 days ago!
    I have carried out the Device Manager uninstall if the portable devices and re-started my computer but this does not overcome the issue!
    Any help on how I can resolve this problem?

:)

JohnK, Oct 22, 2015
  2. krisM(2) Win User

Create a back up disc for windows 10

My buffalo external hard drive does not back up systems files.

krisM(2), Oct 22, 2015
  3. clc2 Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade: Some apps need to be uninstalled

My problem was related. Windows 10 Update wanted BUFFALO TurboPC EX series software for an external Buffalo Drive uninstalled before proceeding to update a Lenovo workstation.

There was no Buffalo program listed to uninstall. AND I was unable to delete my existing Buffalo Folder, suggesting that
    something was still connecting the Buffalo drive and my Lenovo desktop.

What I finally did was to unplug the HDMI cable from the Buffalo Drive. The update started afterward took ages, but it installed.

Specifically, I was able to update from an installed Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.877) to Version 1709, (OS Build 16299.125).

The Buffalo Boffins, bless their little hearts, have not been helpful so far. 2 years, thousands of views, no answers: Windows 10 Upgrade wants BUFFALO TurboPC EX series removed before upgrade

My question, now, is: Do I need to unplug the Buffalo Drive every time that I need it updated?

Either Microsoft or Buffalo ought to make a patch for this, should they lower themselves to contacting one another. Something either needs to be done to the registry (NO, I won't go there!) or to the startup notes or both. Buffalo was in my
    startup notes 10 times.

4. JohnK Win User

Sorry I overlooked the fact that it is recognised as a Device but it does not allow me to open it up!

JohnK, Oct 22, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    I was about to ask that. So if it is seen as a device but do not open, it could have lost the partition information. It means your data are there, but cannot be accessed directly as the partition table is corrupt. This happens in USB Flash drives if you try to remove it while it is still reading or writing. You can connect it to another computer and confirm it. If by chance it works at another computer, I recommend to backup all data and format it, then copy data back. This way it will be refreshed and probably work in Windows 10. If the other computer cannot read it either, then the partition table is corrupt and you need a data recovery utility. This utility scans the disk sector-by-sector and detects your data. It then allows copying to another disk. After that you can just format it and put the data back and you'll be OK. There are many free tools if you Google, but I'm using GetDataBack. If you use that, you have to register. The unregistered version (demo) doesn't allow you to copy the data found.

spapakons, Oct 23, 2015
  6. JohnK Win User
    Many Thanks spapakons.
    It works on Win 7 Pro so I will try the backup route tomorrow and hope it will work!

JohnK, Oct 23, 2015
  7. JohnK Win User
    Tried the back-up advice and all is now well again!!
    Thanks Very much spapakons for your valued help!

JohnK, Oct 23, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Been there, done that, so I know how to fix it. I always keep a backup of my USB flash drive in a folder, so if anything goes wrong, I can just format it and restore the backup.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 does not recognise my Buffalo Ministation30 External HDrive - Similar Threads - does recognise Buffalo

2. WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES: Local dealer replaced 100Gb SSD with 1000Gb SSD. All Ok, but external hard drive storage units are no longer recognised. I refitted the 100Gb SSD and it all works OK, but not with the new 1000Gb SSD. Help James...
  3. Buffalo External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Buffalo External Hard drive: On my new computer, it does not see my external hard drive by buffalo on my network at home. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buffalo-external-hard-drive/ce3aac90-b223-4d6b-9ca9-1c79432ec7c9
  4. window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd: MY Windows 10 Asus laptop loads the Medion drive and go SSD. However my Desk top running Windows 10 pro has in past but will not now load this device When the device is connected to desktop the computer bleeps and the drive power light glows. . However the device is not...
  5. Window does not recognise my USB

Window does not recognise my USB: Hello, My USB flash drive is not working when I plug it in. It appears that Windows recognized the device because it makes a sound when I plug it in. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory....
  6. PC does not recognise external drive

PC does not recognise external drive: I have an external drive with USB connection which is no longer recognised by my Windows 10 PC. When I switch it on there is the expected beep but it does not appear in File Explorer. Also it is no longer "powered down" after a period of non-use. When I attach the drive to...
  7. Windows 10 does not recognise my raid0 drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not recognise my raid0 drive: Hi, so I have 2 samsung drives installed on my lenovo thinkpad p51, but earlier I only had 1. I had installed my second one, then I created a system Image. after that I went into the bios and merged both ssds to create a raid0 drive of about 900gb, yet when I reinstalled...
  8. Windows 10 does not recognise an external drive for backup purposes (file history)

Windows 10 does not recognise an external drive for backup purposes (file history): I've just bought a new laptop with an internal SSD and an external 1Tb HDD. Windows 10 does reflect the HDD in File Explorer, and the drive can be used for copying files to and from it. But when I try to set up a regular backup process, via "save backup copies of your files...
  9. my external hard drive is NOT recognised

my external hard drive is NOT recognised: I have Windows 10 Home edition, How do I find Windows.old And How do I install my External Hard Drive, it does NOT show up on my PC. I need help asap. Please....
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade hasn't recognised my external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Upgrade hasn't recognised my external monitor: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and my external Samsung monitor no longer is recognised, not sure how to fix it as it worked via Windows 8. My computer is a Lenovo X1 Carbon notebook Intel Core i7 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Cathy 16731

Users found this page by searching for:

1. buffalo external hard drive windows 10 not recognise