Windows 10: windows 10 does not recognise my mass storage device

Discus and support windows 10 does not recognise my mass storage device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows 10 does not recognise my Seagate 1Tb mass storage device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ron W B, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Ron W B Win User

windows 10 does not recognise my mass storage device

windows 10 does not recognise my Seagate 1Tb mass storage device

:)

Ron W B, Dec 9, 2018
  2. KevH123 Win User

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi there:

I have a Seagate USB portable drive and I mainly use it to connect to my ASUS Oplay! media player to watch the content on TV.

This device use to be an USB mass storage device.

Recently, I noticed whenever I eject my seagte portable drive, the device is showing as ""USB attached SCSI mass storage device" instead of a regular "USB mass storage device". This is when my media player stopped recognising the portable drive (showing
    the device is not supported). The portable drive works fine on my Windows 10 PC, just not recognising by my media player anymore.

Wondering if anyone can point out how I can restore my portable hard drive back to a generic USB mass storage device instead of being a "USB attached SCSI mass storage device".

Thank you.

KevH123, Dec 9, 2018
  3. amAk---01 Win User
    nokia 501 not recognising in windows 7 as mass storage

I have two models if Asha 501 Dual sim. Both the phones were working good in windows 8, but recently i shifted back to windows 7 ( Note: Service Pack 1 is not yet installed). Now one of my phone gets recognised as modem automatically but not as mass storage
    although i click the mass storage option on the phone. Whereas the other phone getting recognized even when it is in mass storage mdoe. I get a message sometimes during the automatic driver installation saying that device unplugged, although i never unplug
    the device. I've even tried installing the Nokia Connectivity Driver but still the problem persists. Please help.

amAk---01, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with USB mass storage concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do yo have an updated Windows 10 on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far after your media player stopped recognizing the portable drive?
    • Do you have the updated USB driver on the current operating system that you are using?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 does not recognise my mass storage device - Similar Threads - does recognise mass

2. the device mass storage device - my passport ultra is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the device mass storage device - my passport ultra is not working.: As you can see the ss, the diskmgmt doesnt show the hdd and even in the devices and printer section at the bottom, mypassport ultra says driver error and needs troubleshooting. I have uninstalled all usb drivers and reinstalled manually as it was mentioned in one of the...
  3. the device mass storage device - my passport ultra is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the device mass storage device - my passport ultra is not working.: As you can see the ss, the diskmgmt doesnt show the hdd and even in the devices and printer section at the bottom, mypassport ultra says driver error and needs troubleshooting. I have uninstalled all usb drivers and reinstalled manually as it was mentioned in one of the...
  4. the device mass storage device - my passport ultra is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  6. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  7. Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting: I don't know why this happens, but no matter what I do, nothing works this message always appears to pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-device-not-ejecting/0a565c9e-c658-4d33-b561-2f4a84e3910a
  8. use of mass storage device for backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    use of mass storage device for backup: Is there a simple way to determine the amount of free space remaining on my Seagate using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-mass-storage-device-for-backup/ac4f2cbc-75c7-454f-93ea-3cdecdebfea0
  9. USB Mass Storage Device (Code38)

USB Mass Storage Device (Code38): Hi All I've been working on this issue for a few weeks months now and still no joy. My issue is as follows and I hope someone can point me in the right direction; If I boot the workstation fresh my external USB drive is present and works. That night I am able to run...
  10. USB mass storage device problem

USB mass storage device problem: I am running a windows 10. AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5Ghz 8GB Ram 64 Bit Windows Version 1803 I am trying to do some work where I need to write data (3D print files) to an SD card for printing. It is part of a product testing cycle. When I first turn the...