Windows 10: windows 10 does not recognise scanner

Discus and support windows 10 does not recognise scanner in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can no longer use the scanner in my Canon Pixma MG5350 scanner. I have re-installed the drivers but still not working. A previous moan about this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Page 32, Dec 18, 2018.

1. windows 10 does not recognise scanner

I can no longer use the scanner in my Canon Pixma MG5350 scanner.

I have re-installed the drivers but still not working.

A previous moan about this produced the following suggestions which worked for a short time, but this too has now failed.

Click start and type “services.msc” and open it

Right click, stop and start all the services below.

Remote Procedure Call RPC
    RPC Endpoint Mapper
    Shell Hardware Detection
    Windows Image Acquisition (WIA

Reboot. Give the scanner a shot.

Next I was advised

. Press Windows Key + R Key, in the box type “services.msc” without quotes.
    2. Click on the service which is present at the top of the program list.
    3. Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
    4. Double click on it and click the Dependencies tab
    5. Make sure, all services Windows Image Acquisition depends on, are running
    6. Switch to "Recovery" tab, and change all 3 drop-down boxes to "Restart the Service".
    7. Make sure the 2 Reset boxes underneath say "1" in them.
    8. Click Ok.

This did not work.

There is no problem with the scanner as when I use Canon's own software I can scan,

Evern windows 10 scanner program, when opened says

windows 10 does not recognise scanner e1de8990-99b0-492b-b2ee-85d1ac98ae8b?upload=true.jpg

:)

John Page 32, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2018
  3. HillyP Win User
    Printer not recognised as a Scanner or that it can print on A3

I have recently moved back from Mac OS to and new laptop with Windows 10.

I have two printers and a different problem with each:

i) HP Officejet 6500 E709n - this is working fine but is not recognised as a scanner as well as a printer, so I am unable to scan documents.

ii) HP Officejet 7500A - this prints ok, but the printer properties do not recognise that it can print on A3 - it doesn't appear as an option in the paper sizes. When added as a device it is listed as Unknown-94-fb-b (HP Officejet 7500 E910)...not sure if
    there is any significance in it being Unknown?

Both printer drivers are up to date.

Any suggestions? Both issues are really frustrating, but especially the second.

Thanks

HillyP, Dec 18, 2018
  4. windows 10 does not recognise scanner

Windows 10 not recognising my Canon scanner MG4250My new windows 10 initially scanned docs okay

Hi,

To have a better view on this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reinstall the driver of your scanner and check if you will still experience the same issue.

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 does not recognise scanner

1. windows 10 does not recognise scanner - Similar Threads - does recognise scanner

2. Canon Scanner is not recognising in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Scanner is not recognising in Windows 11: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. I have one Canon Image Formula DR-C230 Scanner. When i connected this scanner with my laptop it did not recognise/ detect the scanner. Though the scanner is working perfectly fine in windows10. I...
  3. Canon Scanner is not recognising in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Scanner is not recognising in Windows 11: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. I have one Canon Image Formula DR-C230 Scanner. When i connected this scanner with my laptop it did not recognise/ detect the scanner. Though the scanner is working perfectly fine in windows10. I...
  4. Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 does not recognise cameras: External ones that is, 2 brands, 4 models.Plugging them in to USB ports has no effectI've tried 3 USB ports, a direct one on the PC, a hub and one on the side of an attached external drive. All three ports work fine with flash drives. No response whatsoever from any of my...
  5. Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 does not recognise cameras: External ones that is, 2 brands, 4 models.Plugging them in to USB ports has no effectI've tried 3 USB ports, a direct one on the PC, a hub and one on the side of an attached external drive. All three ports work fine with flash drives. No response whatsoever from any of my...
  6. Windows 10 does not recognise cameras

7. Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner

Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner: This question was raised by another user several years ago. I tried their solution disconnect ethernet cable and restart, but it made no difference, so I'm posting again. I have a new Xerox Workcentre 6515 all-in-one printer/scanner. The printing side of it works fine, from...
  8. Fingerprint scanner not recognised.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint scanner not recognised.: I have an ASUS computer, with a fingerprint scanner. The scanner was working fine, up until I installed the Windows 10 1909 update. Now it says that there are no compatible fingerprint scanners for Windows Hello fingerprint sign-in. Why has this happened?...
  9. Windows 10 does not recognise Lumix Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not recognise Lumix Camera: I have connected Lumix Camera to new PC running Windows 10 & the camera does not show in devices & drives therefore I cannot download photos to PC? This worked fine on previous PC...
  10. windows 10 does not recognise my scanner (Epson workforce 845) after the last update to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 does not recognise my scanner (Epson workforce 845) after the last update to...: windows 10 does not recognise my scanner (Epson workforce 845) after the last update to Build 19013vb-release 191025-1609, it was working before the, I tried everything reinstall, update drivers ….ect......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need a separate scanner if my printer can scan

2. windows 10 does not recognize scanner