Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Local dealer replaced 100Gb SSD with 1000Gb SSD. All Ok, but external hard drive storage units are no longer recognised. I refitted the 100Gb SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James Prosser, Jul 8, 2020.

1. WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

Local dealer replaced 100Gb SSD with 1000Gb SSD. All Ok, but external hard drive storage units are no longer recognised. I refitted the 100Gb SSD and it all works OK, but not with the new 1000Gb SSD. Help James

:)

James Prosser, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Tony,

I realize that you are facing the issue connecting the external hard drive in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • Do other USB devices are getting connected to the system?

As an initial step if troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the external hard drive through different USB ports and check if it is getting detected, also try connecting the same external hard drive to a different Windows 10 system.

Also, connect the external hard drive to the system and check whether the device is shown in Device Manager.

• Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press
      Enter key.
    • Click on View option and click on Show hidden devices.
    • Check whether the device is shown.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Bipra external USB Hard Drive no longer connects

Open Device Manager, click 'View > Show hidden devices'. Find your external drive in the list under 'Disk drives'. Right-click on it and select 'Uninstall device'. Now try connecting it again.

If it still fails, try another USB to USB cable (if you have one), the original may be faulty.

Bree, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

latest windows 10 does not recognize my external hard drive

Hi Andrew,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand you concern about your external hard drive. Kindly answer the following:

• Can other computers detect your external hard drive?
    • Does the issue occur when inserting the external hard drive to a different USB slot?
    • Can your computer still detect other external hard drives or USB flash drives?
    • Can you please tell us what exactly is happening when you attach the external hard drive to your computer?

Argel Obm, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

1. WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES - Similar Threads - DOES RECOGNISE USB

2. external hard drive connected by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  3. external hard drives not recognised

external hard drives not recognised: A problem has recently shown up. I have a lot of data archived on Seagate external hard drives. Recently, every single one has failed to show up and be accessible in This PC. They appear in Device Manager where they are each described as "Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk...
  4. External hard drive not recognised

External hard drive not recognised: Hi Purchased a new H-D for my Dell A Seagate Barrcuda. Did a clean install to the new drive. at the same time I put the old drive in a brand new external enclosure with the intention of copying the files over. The "new" installation cannot access the USB drive, even though...
  5. External Hard Drive not recognised

External Hard Drive not recognised: I have a brand new micrsoft surface and I cannot for the life of me get it to recognise my external hard drive. I read a similar post which required an input of a drive letter which seemed like what i needed to do, however i cannot click on the "change drive letter and...
  6. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  7. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  8. External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10

External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10: External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-recognised-by-windows-10/586fb24b-b574-4f17-93f7-1820576671af
  9. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....
  10. External hard drive not recognised

External hard drive not recognised: Problem: I have two external hard drives that I have been using for backups etc. on my desktop running Windows 10 Home. I connected the external drives to my HP Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 to copy some files andit has changed the ownership to the external...