Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection

Discus and support Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The ethernet port on my motherboard does not work so I have been using an ethernet to usb adapter for several years. My computer was on Win10 ver 105XX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EricLal, Jun 25, 2020.

1. EricLal Win User

Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection

The ethernet port on my motherboard does not work so I have been using an ethernet to usb adapter for several years. My computer was on Win10 ver 105XX long story earlier today with no internet connection issues. I fully updated to ver 19041 will all optional updates and now the internet icon says "Network - No Internet Access" while I have completely normal, unimpeded internet access.

I am currently typing from the machine which supposedly cannot access the internet. Troubleshooting offers "Possible Solution: Network Reset" + pc restart which I have tried multiple times with no success.

Other things I have tried / have ensured:

• problem persists with clean boot
    • ethernet driver is up to date
    • diddybhp's answer from this similar question
    • Blanko2 suggesting a temporary fix using static ip from a different similar question
    • Vijay_Verma and Kapil Arya's suggestion on the same post of spamming troubleshooters
    • kharkhuwa's suggestion here
    • "Solution 2" from this post

none of these possible fixes have made my issue better or worse.

Programs which require internet access e.g. Microsoft Store and Spotify seemingly refuse to function due to hardcoded internet connection checks, though annoyingly portions of the programs show that they can access the internet - for example my Spotify username and profile picture are loading right underneath the banner telling me it can't connect.

:)

EricLal, Jun 25, 2020
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Jun 25, 2020
  3. JaymanW Win User
    Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection

Hello everyone,

I bought my brand new HP laptop today and have just begun setting it up. This is a brand new laptop running Windows 10. I tried to connect my working Ethernet cable to the computer and it won't recognize it at all. I have tried turning off Wifi, downloading the latest drivers, I have the latest version of Windows 10. Every tutorial I have looked at so far hasn't helped, and I have extreme doubts the issue is hardware based, as my laptop is brand new.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciate, I can answer any other questions if it would help narrow down the problem!

Thanks,
    -Jay

JaymanW, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection

1. Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection - Similar Threads - does recognize ethernet

2. Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network: I have a weird issue where, my Ethernet is connected to my PC and allows me to use the browser freely without any issue. However, it isn't recognized by my PC and the message "Not connected - No connections available" keeps showing up. Although, I am able to use most of the...
  3. Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network: I have a weird issue where, my Ethernet is connected to my PC and allows me to use the browser freely without any issue. However, it isn't recognized by my PC and the message "Not connected - No connections available" keeps showing up. Although, I am able to use most of the...
  4. Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ethernet connection not recognized on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ethernet connection not recognized on PC: I'm connected by ethernet to my PC but have no internet. Had to turn on wireless to type this message. My ethernet is not showing up anywhere, not under settings, not in change adapter settings. I was just working from it today and the all of a sudden it went out. I've...
  6. Ethernet not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not recognized by Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Ver2004. I can not connect to the internet when I have my Ethernet in use. It says I am connected but I cannot get on to the internet. How can I fix this?? Thanks...
  7. Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection: Last night 12.2.21 Windows worked well. It wanted to install some updates, which I allowed as "Update and shutdown" Today Windows didn't boot. A number of automated repairs attempts failed do they ever succeed?. I reinstalled it from a USB drive. version from 9.1.2020...
  8. Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection: Brand new computer, has a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. My computer will never recognize that I have plugged in ethernet unless I restart the computer with Ethernet plugged in. Running on the latest driver. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 does not recognize internet connection

Windows 10 does not recognize internet connection: Hello, I am having an issue with my laptop's internet connection. I am able to access the internet via my browser and many other applications, however Windows itself and some other applications that I need to use are unable to connect to the internet. This includes the...
  10. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection

Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection: Hello everyone, I bought my brand new HP laptop today and have just begun setting it up. This is a brand new laptop running Windows 10. I tried to connect my working Ethernet cable to the computer and it won't recognize it at all. I have tried turning off Wifi, downloading...