Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password

Discus and support Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem began after my updated to Windows 10 2004 on July 23. My desktop computer is the only one on the network currently having this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Barbara-Also, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password

This problem began after my updated to Windows 10 2004 on July 23.

My desktop computer is the only one on the network currently having this problem. It has ethernet connection to our Network. We have a NAS with several virtual drives on it that are password protected.

Although I can access the public drives and ping the NAS, I cannot connect to the password protected drives. I get the Windows Security Network Credentials pop-up asking to enter a password. I enter the password, but it does not accept it.

I checked the password on the NAS navigator. I checked and re-entered several times the password on the Network Credentials. Other users who use the same credentials to access the NAS protected drives are able to automatically connect.

I have googled this problem and I am at a loss to figure it out. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. My system does not have an option to display this password to check if it has been entered properly. I have also typed the password into a Notepad and then copy-pasted it into the password prompt. This also has not worked.

Thanks, again.

:)

Barbara-Also, Jul 27, 2020

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password

Edit Network Credentials

I just got my laptop back from the repair shop where the HD was wiped and Windows 10 reinstalled. I want to share other network devices, but I'm being asked for my Network Credentials. I don't know what they are. I can follow the steps to get to the credentials
    details link from Control Panel, but I can't seem to change or remove the hidden password. Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Phil Irons, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password

1. Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password - Similar Threads - does recognize Network

2. what it is network credentials username and password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what it is network credentials username and password?: hello please where I find my credentials in network my 2 computers....username and passord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-it-is-network-credentials-username-and/58b6a60a-3f5b-4c43-94f5-5bfedc20b9c0
  3. Network Credentials password is truncated

Network Credentials password is truncated: I have followed the thread "Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password" which seems to have ended without resolution. In trying to follow the recommended fixes I notice the following situation:I change the password for one of the Windows Credentials, and the...
  4. Windows security network credentials does not recognize password

Windows security network credentials does not recognize password: This problem began right after my most recent Windows 10 update earlier this week. Until then I did not have a problem. We have a small home office. Our LAN has 4 desktops with ethernet connections, 2 laptops that connect wirelessly, and a NAS server with ethernet...
  5. Windows does not recognize password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows does not recognize password: Dell Inspirion 1550 Windows 10-64. Attempting to restart in safe mode and windows asking for a password. Have used present and all past passwords, none are recoginized. Unable to connect to network until logon so changing password on line does not work....
  6. Windows does not recognize login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows does not recognize login password: I have a desktop PC Dell running Windows10. It is relatively new. I cannot get it to recognize an MS account to log in to windows Hello. It is messing up my updates, access to MS Store etc. I can't get anything. I have created new accounts, reset password multiple times,...
  7. Windows 10, does not recognize my password!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, does not recognize my password!: Hi all! I only want to share my findings with you. I had the same problem. My computer was extremely slow. So i decided to go through my startup settings. I went to MSCONFIG, and chose to reboot the computer with selected startup process option. That was when I noticed...
  8. network credentials in windows 10

network credentials in windows 10: How do i set up network credentials? better yet, can this security item be turned off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-credentials-in-windows-10/8ca0ba7f-cc3b-4a2d-be53-9e405ae1a66b
  9. Credential Manager won't recognize changed password

in Windows 10 Support
    Credential Manager won't recognize changed password: Created new password in an app that had been an automatic login. Now, looking at Credential Manager I see the old password still saved there. Also, no edit ability, can only delete the entire entry. Would it work to delete the old entry and then see if Cred. Mgr. would...
  10. Windows 10 does not recognize my Wifi network !

Windows 10 does not recognize my Wifi network !: I just installed Windows 10 upgrade to my HP laptop over Win 7. Every thing is fine but some thing strange happened. All other Wifi connections in and around my apartment can be seen by Windows 10, except my Wifi network !! I can see a lot of SSDs in my area but can't see...