Windows 10: Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There have been many questions, and many replies, on the subject of Windows 10 failing to reconnect to a LAN after Sleep. For along time there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KASpencer1, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep

There have been many questions, and many replies, on the subject of Windows 10 failing to reconnect to a LAN after Sleep. For along time there was no issue, it all worked. Then quite some time ago now maybe more than a year and a half, an update destroyed reconnecting to a LAN after Sleep.

However, all the proposals seem to regurgitate the same old answers, such as reloading or updating drivers, adding or removing IPv6, enabling or disabling NetBIOS. I have tried them all, but none work.

So has anyone got a better idea? I will tell you what I do at the moment: I have a Shortcut on my Desktop, which points to a bat file, containing these lines:

@Echo off
    netsh interface set interface "Ethernet" DISABLED
    timeout /t 3
    netsh interface set interface "Ethernet" ENABLED
    timeout /t 3

That is, for me, the only current way of solving that issue. But it doesn't really solve it does it! So, if you have really solved it, maybe you can kindly let me know how!

Many thanks

Kenneth Spencer

:)

KASpencer1, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Aug 10, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 10, 2020
  4. EdFox Win User

Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep

Does Windows 10 Version 1803 Break Wake on Lan?

Hello,

I updated to Version 1803 on June 2. After the update, Wake On Lan would no longer work. It worked before the update. I have done the following:

• Checked for update to BIOS, and installed update to A21 for my Dell Optiplex 790
    • Ensured that Wake on Lan was enabled in BIOS and Deep Sleep was disabled
    • Checked for updated driver for Intel 82579LM NIC. No update is available
    • Checked Power Management tab for Intel 82579LM NIC
      • Cleared all "Power Saver Options"
      • Checked "Wake on Magic Packet"
      • Cleared all other "Wake on Lan" Options
    • Cleared "Turn on Fast Startup" in Power Button Settings
    After doing all the above, I rebooted. Wake on LAN does not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

EdFox, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep

1. Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep - Similar Threads - does reconnect LAN

2. Remote Desktop does not attempt to reconnect after PC has been sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop does not attempt to reconnect after PC has been sleeping: I have a mildly annoying issue with Remote Desktop. After waking my computer from sleep, I click on the Remote Desktop tab, and I just get the message displayed below. It does not attempt to reconnect. I have to manually close it and connect again.Seems like a bug to me that...
  3. Remote Desktop does not attempt to reconnect after PC has been sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop does not attempt to reconnect after PC has been sleeping: I have a mildly annoying issue with Remote Desktop. After waking my computer from sleep, I click on the Remote Desktop tab, and I just get the message displayed below. It does not attempt to reconnect. I have to manually close it and connect again.Seems like a bug to me that...
  4. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  5. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  6. Does Wake on LAN (WOL) signal reset the sleep timer in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Wake on LAN (WOL) signal reset the sleep timer in Windows 10?: I have a Windows 10 machine acting as a file server that is set to sleep after three hours. If I send a Wake on Lan (WOL) signal after two hours and fifty-five minutes, will that reset the sleep time, or will the machine still shut down in five more minutes? submitted by...
  7. Printer/Laptop Reconnect after Sleep?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer/Laptop Reconnect after Sleep?: Is there a way to get my HP Envy 4511 wireless printer to automatically reconnect to my HP Pavilion 15-cd040wm laptop after the laptop wakes up from Sleep mode? I don't have this issue with my Chromebook so am assuming it's related to Windows 10 rather than the HP products....
  8. Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode

Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode: Hi All, every time i bring my computer out of sleep mode it does not reconnect to the wifi in my home. I have to manually open the wifi settings and press the connect button. I have checked the tab that says 'connect automatically' and it makes no difference. Does anyone else...
  9. Wifi does not always automatically reconnect after turning on from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi does not always automatically reconnect after turning on from sleep mode: It only reconnects 40% of the time and the other times I'd have to manually connect to my wifi network. My wireless card (Intel AC 7265) is up to date and im on Windows 10 1909 with the latest updates. I've tried reinstalling the wifi card's driver and also factory reset my...
  10. Windows 10 LAN access after sleep

Windows 10 LAN access after sleep: I am running Windows 10 x64 on a desktop PC with an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, 8GByte RAM. The motherboard has an integral Realtec GBE network controller which is reported by Windows to have the latest Microsoft driver. When the PC is first booted, the network card is...