Windows 10: windows 10 does not register computer name into DNS

Discus and support windows 10 does not register computer name into DNS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why does Windows 10 NOT REGISTER the computer's name with the DNS? Windows 10 *does not* register the computer's name with the DNS. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EricSchloss, Oct 26, 2018.

1. windows 10 does not register computer name into DNS

Why does Windows 10 NOT REGISTER the computer's name with the DNS?

Windows 10 *does not* register the computer's name with the DNS.

However, Windows 10 *does* obtain an IP address from the DHCP Server.

So, the computer can access the network and internet.

However, since the computer's name is not registered with the DNS, network services cannot interact with the computer using the computer's name .. only the computer's leased ip address.

We have tried rebooting.

We have tried turning the network adapter off and on.

We have updated all drivers to latest versions.

We have tried the following cmd's:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ip config /renew

NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log

NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log

Still .. Windows 10 DOES NOT REGISTER the name of the computer into the DNS

Microsoft .. please fix this bug

:)

EricSchloss, Oct 26, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Oct 26, 2018
  4. windows 10 does not register computer name into DNS

computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

Hi Fred,

Regarding your issue with DNS server not responding, we need to gather some information. Please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting with a different device?
    • Have you tried power cycling your modem and router?
    • Try different browser?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to try the troubleshooting steps provided below to flush the DNS cache.

• Start.
    • Type "Command Prompt".
    • Click " Command Prompt".
    • Type "ipconfig /flushdns".
    • Press "Enter".
    • Restart your web browser.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 does not register computer name into DNS

1. windows 10 does not register computer name into DNS - Similar Threads - does register computer

2. The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND: Hi,I'm unable open this webpage in IE. Please help mehttps://smartinvestor.business-standard.com/market/toploosrs-BSE-bse_sensex-1year-1.htm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dns-name-does-not-exist-error-code/bb03d246-a16d-4cda-bc73-cdb74721c336
  3. The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Customization
    The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND: Hi,I'm unable open this webpage in IE. Please help mehttps://smartinvestor.business-standard.com/market/toploosrs-BSE-bse_sensex-1year-1.htm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dns-name-does-not-exist-error-code/bb03d246-a16d-4cda-bc73-cdb74721c336
  4. The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DNS Name does not exist - error 9003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Name does not exist - error 9003: NEED HELP!!!I just check my DHCP and find this error in the log file: what is mean and how to fix ???the error: PTR record registration for IPv4 address [[x.x.x.x]] and FQDN name.domain.com failed with error 9003 DNS name does not exist.....
  6. DNS Name does not exist - error 9003

DNS Name does not exist - error 9003: NEED HELP!!!I just check my DHCP and find this error in the log file: what is mean and how to fix ???the error: PTR record registration for IPv4 address [[x.x.x.x]] and FQDN name.domain.com failed with error 9003 DNS name does not exist.....
  7. Can't activate Windows 0x8007232B DNS name does not exist

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 0x8007232B DNS name does not exist: Hello I'm getting pop-up window about activation of windows and I can not activate. I'm using this PC for years. Windows 8 was pre-installed when I bought this computer. Then upgraded to Windows 10. No problems until now. So I do not have licence key. It is quite fresh...
  8. Can't activate Windows 0x8007232B DNS name does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 0x8007232B DNS name does not exist: Hello I'm getting pop-up window about activation of windows and I can not activate. I'm using this PC for years. Windows 8 was pre-installed when I bought this computer. Then upgraded to Windows 10. No problems until now. So I do not have licence key. It is quite fresh...
  9. Can't activate Windows 0x8007232B DNS name does not exist

10. The DNS name does not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The DNS name does not exist: When I visit a foreign news website and then re-direct to another page by clicking the news title, it always displays “The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.” However, there is no problem to visit the most of other websites and redirect to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not registerng with dns

2. windows 10 does not register computer name into DNS