Windows 10: Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%

Discus and support Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, Im getting really desperate here. Volume Mixer does not remember whatever I set it to, eg. I have Chrome on 25% but whenever I restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slazke, Nov 16, 2019.

1. /u/Slazke Win User

Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%

Hey guys, Im getting really desperate here.

Volume Mixer does not remember whatever I set it to, eg. I have Chrome on 25% but whenever I restart the program it just jumps back to 100%. The same with all other apps or programs.
    Ive tried all google has to offer me, such as;
    Updating drivers
    Device Management
    Regedit
    Disabling stuff
    and so on

Im tired of getting my ears blasted out whenever I forget to set the volume before I do anything...
    I hope you can help me

submitted by /u/Slazke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slazke, Nov 16, 2019
  2. EdDuggan Win User

Windows 10 - Sound Volume Rests to 100%

I may need to relay a bit more info here. This issue pertains to DELL WYSE ThinClients running for HYPER-V. Client OS is WIN 10 PRO 64 bit. The Volume thing has arisen since a new Firmware was released by DELL to address the WIN 10 - 1903 Update. The Firmware
    has caused the Volume to default to 100%. I went thru your list, and Thank You very much, but many of the settings listed do not exist in the ThinClient WINDOWS Control Panel for Sound. I was hoping to across a REGISTRY entry that may help reduce startup Volume
    to 20 or 25%

EdDuggan, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%

Volume settings never remembered

I know how to adjust the volume, the whole basis of my question is that I am having to manually adjust the volume every time I play a video or game or anything with sound, which I do not want to do. I want my current volume settings to be remembered.

As per the example I gave, So lets say my volume level is currently set at 20% (all volumes for all apps)

I play a video on youtube, or play a game or play music, it starts at full volume, I then touch the volume button (up or down by 1 click), and it then adjusts back to the current setting 20%

Snake Hollywood, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%

1. Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100% - Similar Threads - does remember volume

2. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  3. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  4. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume keeps resetting to 100% randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume keeps resetting to 100% randomly.: Around 2 months ago I bought a Blue Yeti Nano. The first few weeks it did fine, then it started to mess up all the time. I thought it was discord causing it, but whether I'm in a Google Meet, playing games, or just talking, it'll randomly get louder. It's really frustrating...
  6. Microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Many people use a Microphone with the computer for conversing with friends or colleagues online, audio recording, gaming etc. However, at times they find that their microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume. I know it can be very annoying and if you are facing the...
  7. Can I make Windows remember my volume settings?

Can I make Windows remember my volume settings?: My computer's master volume seems to have no effect on my zoom/teams calls. Fortunately, I managed to find a workaround by changing the individual app volume in the sound mixer options. Unfortunately, Windows doesn't remember my app volume levels, so I have to do this every...
  8. Microphone volume automatically resetting to 100%.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone volume automatically resetting to 100%.: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit installed on my laptop with Realtek audio drivers. I need to configure my earphone's in-line mic so as to catch the least background noise. Also it is too loud. Noise was fixed when I turned on noise reduction and AEC but to reduce the...
  9. W10 2004: "App volume" does not remember input/output settings for applications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 2004: "App volume" does not remember input/output settings for applications.: When setting an application's output to something other than default in the "App Volume" settings app, upon launching that application again, it is back to outputting audio to the default device, Even though the selection in App Volume was saved, it is still outputting to the...
  10. Volume settings never remembered

Volume settings never remembered: every time I play a video, a game, anything with audio, It always plays at full volume, regardless of what my current volume is set as. If I make ANY adjustment, up or down, the volume will then jump to my current setting. So lets say my volume level is currently set at 20%...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restart resets volume to 100