Windows 10: windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows.

Discus and support windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ever since I updated windows 10 my bluray drive will only play dvd or cd all ok but when I put a bluray disk in to play explorer tells me there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JOHNSTOKES4, Sep 4, 2019.

1. windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows.

ever since I updated windows 10 my bluray drive will only play dvd or cd all ok

but when I put a bluray disk in to play explorer tells me there is no disk in drive.

this only occurred since I last updated windows 10.

I have uninstalled drive and rebooted to re install settings but still resulted in the same thing happening.

I think its disgusting that you send out updates and they ruin perfectly good hardware by changing some setting or other possibly registry and then dont take responsibility for the situation. I look in forums and 100s of people have the same or similar problems.

please can you offer any suggestions as I am getting peeved by this situation.

:)

JOHNSTOKES4, Sep 4, 2019

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows.

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows.

1. windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows. - Similar Threads - does bluray disks

2. Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk: Good day, I have a BluRay R/W disk unit connected to a WIN10 system via USB. Normal sound plays well; however when sounds such as rocket launches are added, those sounds are clipped and distorted. Any apparent volume adjustments are futile. Any suggestions?Thanks!...
  3. Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk: Good day, I have a BluRay R/W disk unit connected to a WIN10 system via USB. Normal sound plays well; however when sounds such as rocket launches are added, those sounds are clipped and distorted. Any apparent volume adjustments are futile. Any suggestions?Thanks!...
  4. Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine

Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine: Hi,I've tried multiple bluray disks and the drive just shows as empty. Device manager shows the device as a DVD/CDRom with a driver date of 2006 - which seems wrong. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, multiple times. I've also tried different SATA ports - no...
  6. Windows 10 64bit does not see 12TB hard disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 64bit does not see 12TB hard disk: I have a Seagate 12TB ST12000VN0007 hard drive. When I plugged into my computer, it showed 2TB instead of 12TB. Any suggestion? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-64bit-does-not-see-12tb-hard-disk/5290bb0f-9a4e-4693-a548-7841b626c29e
  7. LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore.

LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore.: Hey all, I am unable to use my external bluray drive lg bd50nb40 that I have been able to use for the last 5 years, it shows up in devices and device management with the windows 10 driver showing as successfully installed but not in This computer my computer, shows hard...
  8. bluray not playing since update

bluray not playing since update: I have a bluray internal drive that worked perfectly before the creators update and since only works with dvd's or with cd's and does not recognise bluray disks. if a bluray disk is loaded in drive windows 10 thinks the drive is empty. Please help!...
  9. Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...

Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...: OS version 1809, build 17763.437 (i.e. up to date) The only odd thing I've done regarding the system, is that I installed the Apple super drive driver (and nothing else) from the Bootcamp software. I subsequently uninstalled it, but the system remained being able to read...
  10. Can't Play BluRay Disks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Play BluRay Disks?: I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my Panasonic BluRay TV recorder. The BluRay disks used to play fine on my PC but now I've upgraded to Windows 10 nothing will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not reading blu ray

2. asus bd drive no longer see cd