Windows 10: Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem with my Win10 system 1607 Ver When the system goes sleep, my keyboard and mouse got disabled but the power lights still works,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CatsandDogs, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep

Hello, i have a problem with my Win10 system 1607 Ver
    When the system goes sleep, my keyboard and mouse got disabled but the power lights still works, so i need to push the restart or shutdown button to restart the system to make the wake up.
    How can i make that the keyboard and mouse get worked by clicking on them and wake up the system instead of pushing restart or power button?
    Sorry for my English.

:)

CatsandDogs, Nov 6, 2016
  2. MSuser89 Win User

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10 right when in goes into sleep mode. so it wakes up immediately after going into sleep mode. how to fix?

MSuser89, Nov 6, 2016
  3. TomHaws Win User
    Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while

When I put Windows 10 to sleep, then wake it up within a few minutes, it wakes up promptly as expected after a sleep. And it wakes up if I tap my keyboard, which also is expected.

But if I come back to wake the computer after a long time, it appears to have settled into hibernation.

1. The keyboard will not wake it up. I have to press the power button.

2. The manufacturer startup screen is displayed like on hibernation resume, and the resumption takes a long time sometimes.

Why does sleep turn into hibernation? Can I stop this behavior? All of the above happens while my Dell laptop is plugged in continuously.

Tom

TomHaws, Nov 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep

It is an overly discussed topic about the S3 sleep state. If your bios is not set for Legacy USB devices, the OS is allowed to shut down the USB hub, wireless mouse and keyboard. You are going to have problems waking the system out of S3 state.

bro67, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep

1. Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep - Similar Threads - does wake sleep

2. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...
  3. how to wake up after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to wake up after sleep mode: Dell laptop inspiron 15 3576 windows 10. when I switch laptop to sleep mode , and try to wake up within short time I am able to hit keyboard (wireless keyboard) to wake up. But after about an hour this does not work I have to use power switch. I have made some changes in...
  4. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  5. Sleep and Wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Wake up: I use Windows 10 with latest fixes, my problem is when I put my PC to sleep I touch a key and the system unit wakes up but the screen stays sleeping. Eventually touching the mouse or more keys then makes the system reboot. Any help much appreciated...
  6. Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep: I use an old motherboard ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 with Intel core2 Duo & 4 GB RAM, all 10 years old. I bought and installed Windows 10 retail. (have been using WIN XP professional and loved it, but this Kumbakt Microsoft won't honour your love and always wants you to upgrade!)...
  7. Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep: [ATTACH] If one of the recent updates or upgrade to Windows 10 PC results in getting a Blue Screen as soon as you wake it from Sleep, then it’s a clear case that your driver is causing an issue. In a [...] This post Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep is from...
  8. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep: Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later...