Windows 10: Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use an old motherboard ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 with Intel core2 Duo & 4 GB RAM, all 10 years old. I bought and installed Windows 10 retail. (have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Veerabhadra Rao, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

I use an old motherboard ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 with Intel core2 Duo & 4 GB RAM, all 10 years old.

I bought and installed Windows 10 retail. (have been using WIN XP professional and loved it, but this Kumbakt Microsoft won't honour your love and always wants you to upgrade!)

Windows is not waking up after sleep! I have to boot again, is this old due to old BIOS? is there a solution?

:)

Veerabhadra Rao, Nov 18, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

1. Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - does wake sleep

2. windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 does not wake up from sleep: Hellowindows 10 does not wake up from sleep, or it takes over 40 minutes to load , please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep/a972c9c0-e3be-44f0-8566-4d3577c2e82a
  3. windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 does not wake up from sleep: Hellowindows 10 does not wake up from sleep, or it takes over 40 minutes to load , please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep/a972c9c0-e3be-44f0-8566-4d3577c2e82a
  4. windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep: I’ve been having something of a nightmare for the last 3 months with one of my self-built desktop PCs. It was built in 2014 based on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB motherboard with an AMD FX-4130 CPU and has 16GB RAM. Originally it was a Windows 7 only machine installed on a Sandisk...
  6. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep: I’ve been having something of a nightmare for the last 3 months with one of my self-built desktop PCs. It was built in 2014 based on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB motherboard with an AMD FX-4130 CPU and has 16GB RAM. Originally it was a Windows 7 only machine installed on a Sandisk...
  7. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wake up from sleep in windows 10

Wake up from sleep in windows 10: Is there any shortcut to wake up from sleep in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep-in-windows-10/eba48a78-f620-4286-8018-3a24c788142a
  9. Windows 10 - waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - waking up from sleep: Hi all, Just joined site as got nowhere else to turn to *Sad As of recently a week or 2 now, when I put my computer into sleep mode it goes to sleep no problem. I have enabled it to wake up either using my keyboard or mouse which is fine, but I know have noticed a...
  10. Windows 10 Waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Waking up from Sleep: When I wake up my PC from sleep, it stops at a picture like viewing from a cave to the ocean (shows date/time upper left and some icons lower right). It stops there until I click on the screen then goes to User name logon 'sign In'; where it stops again until I click on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not wake from sleep

2. gigabyte desktop does not wake from sleep