Windows 10: Windows 10 does not wake up properly from sleep mode after recent update

Discus and support Windows 10 does not wake up properly from sleep mode after recent update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have only recently run the suggested updates of Windows 10 on my laptop. After the laptop goes to sleep ( lock screen activated), and gets woken up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vero587, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Vero587 Win User

Windows 10 does not wake up properly from sleep mode after recent update

I have only recently run the suggested updates of Windows 10 on my laptop. After the laptop goes to sleep ( lock screen activated), and gets woken up, all I get is a pixelated screen that shows the cursor as a pixelated square on the screen. I can see the square moving with the mouse, however I cannot wake the computer up other than shutting it down and restarting using the power button. I have read through other's comments and issues and tried several suggested solutions but none have worked so far.

Thank you for your help.

:)

Vero587, Oct 30, 2018
  2. WaytGibbs Win User

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 9, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Waking up from sleep mode

Hi Phil,

If you are unable to get out of Sleep mode, it could mean that the BIOS installed reduces the power to which your input device is connected, i.e. mouse or keyboard. For us to properly assist you in getting out of Sleep mode, kindly respond to the questions
    below:

• Can you explain further what you are experiencing? Were you able to get to the lock screen after waking from Sleep mode?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • When did the issue start to occur? Did it happen after installing an update, an app, or a driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 does not wake up properly from sleep mode after recent update - Similar Threads - does wake properly

2. BSOD after waking up from Windows 10 Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD after waking up from Windows 10 Sleep Mode: Der Computer wurde nach einem schwerwiegenden Fehler neu gestartet. Der Fehlercode war: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80363eb7ddd. Ein volles Abbild wurde gespeichert in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Berichts-ID:...
  3. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  4. Windows 10 19042.867 Does Not Properly Wake From Sleep

Windows 10 19042.867 Does Not Properly Wake From Sleep: I've had this issue for about one year now. I'm currently on Windows 10 version 19042.867. When entering the system in to sleep mode, I am not able to properly wake the system. When powering back on from sleep, the display and hard disc never turn on, however my case fans...
  5. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I delayed installing latest updates until yesterday. After doing so it now takes about 30 seconds for screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. Took less than 5 sec. before. What is happening?. Not critical but there appears to be something wrong in latest updates. Are...
  6. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not waking from sleep properly

2. windows not waking up properly

3. windows 10 not waking from sleep correctly

4. unable to wake up from sleep after updates,
  5. windows 10 does not wake from sleep correctly