Windows 10: Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked

Discus and support Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Since a couple of days I realized that my Windows 10 Family (version 1809 (17763.529) will not restart nor switch-off (apart from "hard"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martin006_971, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked

Hi,

Since a couple of days I realized that my Windows 10 Family (version 1809 (17763.529) will not restart nor switch-off (apart from "hard" swtich-off) and my Windows Explorer gets blocked. When I click on the top folder with all my files (note: I'm using two OneDrives but only one for storing my files) Windows Explorer freezes.

I can only send my Dell laptop to sleep. The hardware check did not return any faults.

Any recommendations?

:)

Martin006_971, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked

1. Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked - Similar Threads - does restart nor

2. Windows 10 does not want to restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not want to restart: Hello, I set up a W10 1809 image on Intel S2600CP computer. All the drivers are updated to latest from device manager. However the W10 can't restart, and it just hang during the W10 logo and parts of the blue points. I also tried safe restart, but same result. Any...
  3. Why does DHCP keep getting turned off (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does DHCP keep getting turned off (Windows 10)?: I have a few users that this happens to. All different laptops but all on Windows 10. I set up their WiFi adapter properties based on the network. I don't care what they do once they leave work, but while here they have to have a static IP address. I go into Settings -...
  4. want to get back to my window 10

want to get back to my window 10: want to get back to window 10 * Moved from IE10/Win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-get-back-to-my-window-10/d5701a01-70a3-4af1-bfa0-2ae92312336b
  5. Windows 10 does not want to install

Windows 10 does not want to install: I just build a new systemfor someone I downloaded windows 10 through the media creation tool pop in the thumbdrive and for some reason it just locks up at the begining of setup at the terms of service agreement screen, I've tried other thumbdrives but they either do the same...
  6. Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off: Hi, I have 2 monitors in use with several windows each. Sometimes i switch one off as i don't need it (watch a movie on one). What happens: windows thinks I disconnected the monitor and disables it and moves all windows to the last monitor. I don't want that behaviour as I...
  7. Windows Defender Offline scan does nor run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline scan does nor run: Yesterday, in the middle of an offline scan, I cancelled it to do something else. Now it won't run. From the Security Center select Advanced Scans, Windows Defender offline. Click Start Scan. Normal activity, Windows shuts down, black screen. Small Windows Defender Offline...
  8. Switching off "Focused" in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching off "Focused" in windows 10: If i switch off "Focused" in windows 10 where will all my existing emails be shown ? Will I loose any of my existing emails -- that currently reflect in "Focused" ?...
  9. I want to switch off the password requirement when I switch on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to switch off the password requirement when I switch on my computer: I just got a new computer and it requires me to sign in with a password every time I power on, I want to be able to use my own stuff in my own home without needing passwords to switch on and off. Nobody else is going to be near my stuff....
  10. Synaptics off after restart explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics off after restart explorer: Hello everybody, have a nice day =]] I found a problem in my pc (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ver 10586.104 [not insider]) that: When I start up computer, Synaptics startup too, and that what I want, but while playing some game, I have to adjust the resolution lower (HD), and...