Windows 10: Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked

Discus and support Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Since a couple of days I realized that my Windows 10 Family (version 1809 (17763.529) will not restart nor switch-off (apart from "hard"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martin006_971, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked

Hi,

Since a couple of days I realized that my Windows 10 Family (version 1809 (17763.529) will not restart nor switch-off (apart from "hard" swtich-off) and my Windows Explorer gets blocked. When I click on the top folder with all my files (note: I'm using two OneDrives but only one for storing my files) Windows Explorer freezes.

I can only send my Dell laptop to sleep. The hardware check did not return any faults.

Any recommendations?

:)

Martin006_971, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked

1. Windows 10 does not want to restart nor switch-off and my Windows Explorer gets blocked - Similar Threads - does restart nor

2. Computer does not switch off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not switch off: When I switch off the laptop, the screen turns off but the computer does not . Only holding down the power button for a long time effectively turns it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-does-not-switch-off/6ac28db5-00de-4bcd-93a3-7089197ca46f
  3. Computer does not switch off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not switch off: When I switch off the laptop, the screen turns off but the computer does not . Only holding down the power button for a long time effectively turns it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-does-not-switch-off/6ac28db5-00de-4bcd-93a3-7089197ca46f
  4. Computer does not switch off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RESTART AND SEARCH NOR WOKING IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESTART AND SEARCH NOR WOKING IN WINDOWS 10: START, SEARCH AND SETTINGS ETC NOT WORKING ON LAPTOP IN WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-and-search-nor-woking-in-windows-10/fd1944e2-e760-4939-8474-f0126aa3e801
  6. RESTART AND SEARCH NOR WOKING IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RESTART AND SEARCH NOR WOKING IN WINDOWS 10: START, SEARCH AND SETTINGS ETC NOT WORKING ON LAPTOP IN WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-and-search-nor-woking-in-windows-10/fd1944e2-e760-4939-8474-f0126aa3e801
  7. RESTART AND SEARCH NOR WOKING IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Defender blocking download.Is switched OFF Norton is ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender blocking download.Is switched OFF Norton is ON: Using win11 on a Surface Pro 7. Have the latest version of Norton operating and have tried switching of off Defender but problem is still there. When I attempt to download a file to flash my Zorro RC Transmitter Defender is preventing me from opening it. Message is" File is...
  9. Restart, nor power off & on completes install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart, nor power off & on completes install: Between 7/4 and 7/5 I received a QUALITY Update that did not complete the install. I have Restarted many times as well as power off 7 on. I have gotten many updates since 7/5, so called Quality and Definition updates. Yet, KB449560 does not complete its install. How do I...
  10. Windows 10 does not want to restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not want to restart: Hello, I set up a W10 1809 image on Intel S2600CP computer. All the drivers are updated to latest from device manager. However the W10 can't restart, and it just hang during the W10 logo and parts of the blue points. I also tried safe restart, but same result. Any...