Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't auto install drivers after sysprep

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't auto install drivers after sysprep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am working on creating a new master image to deploy which is windows 10 x64bit to several different models of computers throughout our organization.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zdunn, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Zdunn Win User

Windows 10 doesn't auto install drivers after sysprep

I am working on creating a new master image to deploy which is windows 10 x64bit to several different models of computers throughout our organization. everything seems to be working but when it first boots up after sysprep it does not auto install the drivers like it does in windows 7 x64.

I have the drivers all unpacked and placed in C:\Windows\INF\

Has anyone got any ideas?

:)

Zdunn, Nov 13, 2016

2. sysprep broken on windows 10 build 10586

I am trying to sysprep After installing windows update 3136561, sysprep fails, with message that says "Sysprep was not able to validate your Windows installation. Review the log file a %WINDIR% \Ssytem 32\Sysprep\Panther\setupact.log for details.

I was able to run sysprep before installing update KB3136561, which changed the OS version to 10.0.10586

This is on windows 10, Enterprise.

The log says "spopk.dll : : Sysprep will not run on an upgraded OS. You can only run Sysprep on a custom (clean) install version of Windows."

This was a clean install, until KB3136561 did the upgrade to version 10.0.10586

Help

MarkTronrud, Nov 13, 2016
  3. CMTang Win User
    Cannot sysprep after windows update

I can't sysprep a PC, which installed with Windows 10 November Update, after the recent windows update. The error that I got is

Sysprep was not able to validate your Windows installation. Review the log file at %WINDIR%\System32\Panther\setupact.log for details. After resolving the issue, use Sysprep to validate your installation again.

Can somebody help? Thank you in advance.

CMTang, Nov 13, 2016
  4. Zdunn Win User

I figured out how to fix this, Using dism or pnp util you need to add your drivers to the windows driverstore.

Zdunn, Nov 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 doesn't auto install drivers after sysprep - Similar Threads - doesn't auto install

2. HDMI driver not auto installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI driver not auto installing: Was having issues with audio playing but the video falling behind so I followed the steps on the Microsoft website to uninstall drivers and then restart the computer, and now the audio driver for the tv through hdmi just will not install whatsoever...
  3. Sysprep doesn't find Unattend.xml

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sysprep doesn't find Unattend.xml: Hello ! I have an issue I can't seem to figure out. When I created my unattend.xml, I saved it in the Sysprep folder. But when I want to generalize it, Sysprep tells me it doesn't exist. But when I go back to adk to save it again to make sure it's all good.... adk tells me...
  4. Sysprep doesn't find Unattend.xml

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep doesn't find Unattend.xml: Hello ! I have an issue I can't seem to figure out. When I created my unattend.xml, I saved it in the Sysprep folder. But when I want to generalize it, Sysprep tells me it doesn't exist. But when I go back to adk to save it again to make sure it's all good.... adk tells me...
  5. Sysprep doesn't find Unattend.xml

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Have Windows 10 sysprep install drivers from network share

in Windows 10 Support
    Have Windows 10 sysprep install drivers from network share: For Windows 10, version 20H1, build 19042.928, is it possible to have sysprep install drivers from a network share, during the sysprep operation? If so, which component of the answer file would I need to add? I have already tried Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationsWinPE...
  7. Windows 10 still auto installing drivers even after feature disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 still auto installing drivers even after feature disabled: I set "Do not automatically download manufacturers' apps and custom icons, etc" in Hardware. I then went to Group Policy and followed these instructions: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10 Just now when I plugged in my network...
  8. Stop Driver Auto-Installation

Stop Driver Auto-Installation: Hi, I want to know how to prevent Windows from installing and updating drivers on my laptop. Windows keeps updating my graphic card driver to latest version and that said driver is problematic. I also try to uninstall the driver but Windows always install the driver again....
  9. Windows 10 - Sysprep - Unable to use new account after sysprep

Windows 10 - Sysprep - Unable to use new account after sysprep: Hi everyone, I am an imaging/sysprep noob and would like some advice. I have been trying to create an image for a network that will use multiple accounts. I edit the Admin profile in audit mode and add everything I'll need and create the image through WinPE. After I push...
  10. Driver Auto Load Fail with sysprep

Driver Auto Load Fail with sysprep: Greetings all, I am working on creating a new master image to deploy windows 10 64 to a new of different models throughout our organization. Currently I am having difficulties getting the drivers to be "auto Detected" The Sysprep command I am using is : sysprep...