Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a Wi-Fi network (example here: "NET_WORK") with the SSID hidden and our Surfaces Pro 4 won't reconnect to it after being rebooted. On the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dinulovic Aleksandar, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network

We have a Wi-Fi network (example here: "NET_WORK") with the SSID hidden and our Surfaces Pro 4 won't reconnect to it after being rebooted. On the login screen, we have to reconnect to the network manually and then it says it's connected to the network it won't connect to but with a "2" after the name, like "NET_WORK 2" Removing the networks through "Wi-Fi" -> "Manage known networks" and reconnecting works just fine.

:)

Dinulovic Aleksandar, Nov 7, 2018

2. Reconnect to hidden known WIFI on demand (NOT automatically)

Why is there no option to connect to an already known network? It seems there is only one way to do this: use the "hidden network" option in the wifi-bar which is annoying since i have to reenter the ssid and the password every time and it also adds a "new"
    network to my list of known networks every time. i know my network is there and i just want to connect to it and i don't want to enable "connect automatically" because i just do not want to connect automatically every time. and no i don't want to broadcast
    the ssid either - no it's not a security concern i'm just annoyed by the thousands of "you shall not pass" networks. just a bunch of useless entries in my list and about 98% of them.

why is there no option to just reconnect to my little private hidden network without "rediscovering" it all the time?

AlexanderBrantner, Nov 7, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Reconnect to hidden known WIFI on demand (NOT automatically)

Connect to it manually and there will be an option to “Connect even if the network is not broadcasting,”

Below is a link with step by step on how to do it... follow the second method in the link.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-connect-hid...

SarahKong, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network

Reconnect to hidden known WIFI on demand (NOT automatically)

Well then, thanks for your response Sarah. I didn't think of the other way and even if, i would've never thought it would result in a slightly different outcome - now i see the hidden network in my list and can reconnect.

I don't understand why this Checkbox isn't available under "Manage known networks" and i just realized i can't have this (manually added) connection set to "metered connection" - why is that?

AlexanderBrantner, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network

1. Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network - Similar Threads - doesn't automatically reconnect

2. Windows 10 automatically disconnects and reconnects to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 automatically disconnects and reconnects to the Internet: I have recently moved my Personal computer to another room within my house. Since then, whenever i am watching something on youtube or browsing facebook or playing a game the internet connection will randomly be disconnected, and then reconnected after 4 to 5 seconds. Most of...
  3. Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect

Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect: Because of the low Wi-Fi bandwidth and with full bars in the start screen, the Wi-Fi disconnects the network. After several minutes without an internet connection, it doesn't automatically reconnect. The Wi-Fi that I connected were checked that automatically reconnect after a...
  4. Hidden devices reconnection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hidden devices reconnection: Hi, my webcam is now among hidden devices (probably by mistake). So, it is visible in the Hidden devices list in the Device Manager. But I want to use it. How to unhide such a hidden device and re-connect it to use? (Windows 10) Can anyone advise me please? Many thanks. 165565
  5. Window is unable to reconnect the hidden wifi automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window is unable to reconnect the hidden wifi automatically: Dear sir, I am having wifi issues since last month. Previously my windows 10 was working fine but after an update provided by Microsoft, I am having a problem while connecting to wifi. It works fine with unhidden wifi but when I connect hidden wifi it can not reconnect...
  6. hidden network automatic connection

hidden network automatic connection: Hi there, I just purchased a small tablet computer and connecting to the wifi at home i notice in addition to my regular wifi network, it is connecting to a hidden network without my permission. I just unchecked the box that said connect automatically to the hidden...
  7. hidden network on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hidden network on windows 10: why do I have a hidden network and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network-on-windows-10/7f919382-69cc-4b0e-a0d1-76cd5fe9478c"
  8. X1 Carbon will not automatically reconnect to a registered network

X1 Carbon will not automatically reconnect to a registered network: I bought an X1 Carbon 6th generation laptop less than 2 months ago. I find that every time, I wake it up from sleep or from screensaver mode, I need to manually disconnect the network and reconnect. Else I get the No Internet notification. This is really irritating as I feel...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network

Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network: Hi, I have a little problem. Every time I boot my laptop (or restart it) I need to manually connect to a Wi-Fi network thought I've checked the "connect automatically" box. [img] I tried to "forget" and reconnect to that network and still got the same result after a...
  10. Windows 10 computer name doesn't automatically appear in "Network"

Windows 10 computer name doesn't automatically appear in "Network": For whatever reason I can't seem to get the <computer name> to show in the "Network" in File Explorer. I CAN however type "\\<computer name>\Users" in the top box and open it up fine. It even temporarily places the <computer name> in the tree on the left. However, it still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 automatically connect hidden network

2. not reconnect to hidden network windows 10