Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change.

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot boot into the desktop. How do you reinstall without loosing the data / files? My PC was originally a Windows 7 and then run the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidBaber, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change.

I cannot boot into the desktop. How do you reinstall without loosing the data / files?
    My PC was originally a Windows 7 and then run the Windows 10 free upgrade when my notification popped-up. It's been working fine for years and currently in 1803 as 1903 keep failing to install.
    I was doing a clean boot by selecting "Selective startup" by unchecking "Load startup items" box but left "use original boot configuration" checked in msconfig to see if this allows me to install 1093 upgrade without failing and now my PC doesn't boot saying Windows\System32\Winload.exe is missing and in the boot manager window only shows Windows 7 (but selecting that puts me back in the error screen. I created a USB with Media Creation. Boot and go to Troubleshooting. Running Fix startup issues it cannot fix anything after running the diagnosis. If I run Command Window I can see my disks / partitions / volumes even if the Tool changes the letter of my drives (e.g C: where <Windows>\system32\winload.exe show as GWindows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. :) Run bootrec /fixmbr gave me successfully, but still same message / error.
    Originally win7 was in a 1TB HDD (1 partition for OS, 2 partition for DATA, when I upgraded to Win10 i put it into a 128GB SDD (CWindows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. :), use the HDD as storage (GWindows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. :). I was running out of space so I added a bigger 256 SDD and cloning the first SDD into it so this was now my Windows10 installation (CWindows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. :) and use the first as storage (FWindows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. :) and this has been working like this for years. I am wondering if that "Use original boot configuration" is looking to the wrong place, but I have tried everything with no success. I am thinking reinstall is my only solution but now I'm facing a problem. What about the product key? there is no way to know it now.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

DavidBaber, Sep 7, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 7, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change.

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change.

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change. - Similar Threads - doesn't boot msconfig

2. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  3. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  4. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Msconfig doesn't save changes after close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig doesn't save changes after close.: Hello, Since yesterday i noticed when i open msconifg my startup type is selective.Yesterday i follow this link: Fix MSCONFIG Won't Save Changes on Windows 10 - TechCultI did search and gave many steps to fix the problem. i even create a new user with admin rigths. At that...
  6. Msconfig doesn't save changes after close.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Msconfig doesn't save changes after close.: Hello, Since yesterday i noticed when i open msconifg my startup type is selective.Yesterday i follow this link: Fix MSCONFIG Won't Save Changes on Windows 10 - TechCultI did search and gave many steps to fix the problem. i even create a new user with admin rigths. At that...
  7. Msconfig doesn't save changes after close.

8. Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.

Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory now I keep getting a blue screen and windows whe. I try to boot won't I have already tried some advanced options and made a windows restore so far nothing work can someone help me please and thankyou....
  9. Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory It didn't save last time now I keep getting a blue screen and windows won't properly boot I have already tried some advanced options and made a system restore but not working. submitted by /u/nebzi_...
  10. msconfig doesn't save changes

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig doesn't save changes: Hello, I'm trying to edit some settings in the msconfig but when I click apply and ok it doesn't prompt me to restart the computer and when I open it back the settings are back to default.. I tried couple of things I found on the net like running System Configuration as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msconfig still boots windows 7 after upgrade to windows 10

2. changed boot in msconfig now boot camp will not boot into windows