Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good day. There was a problem booting Windows 10 after rebooting the system. What's happening: Windows 10 boots normally after switching on PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ArthurAD, Jan 18, 2021.

1. ArthurAD Win User

Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC

Good day.

There was a problem booting Windows 10 after rebooting the system.

What's happening:

Windows 10 boots normally after switching on PC, everything works as it should.

If I decide to restart the PC, then the Windows 10 download hangs in the picture with the Windows icon and several circles that show the download status.

Rebooting with the Reset button gives the same result. And it always freezes at the same boot stage.

But, if the PC is turned off, then the next startup of Windows 10 is normal.

I came to the conclusion that my Windows 10 cannot boot after a reboot, but maybe only after turning off the PC.I tested this theory many times.

There is also a problem described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-kb4598242/fc2755cd-5d6c-41f5-931e-9aa0b21ce002

Bit it's not possible to solve this problem using the method described here, because Windows 10 cannot boot after a reboot during the recovery process.

And the updater stops working because the system has not been rebooted. Error "BOOT".

UPD: Today I managed to fix the Windows 10 update, as described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-kb4598242/fc2755cd-5d6c-41f5-931e-9aa0b21ce002

But the problem with freezing when rebooting the system remained.

I need help, please.

:)

ArthurAD, Jan 18, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 18, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC - Similar Threads - doesn't boot restart

2. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  3. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  4. Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart: After update of Windows 10, the personalization features all revert back to default after shut down and restart of PC. For example: desktop image chosen reverts to basic Windows default image, pinned apps in task bar disappear, Firefox homepage tabs revert to basic welcome...
  5. Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart: After update of Windows 10, the personalization features all revert back to default after shut down and restart of PC. For example: desktop image chosen reverts to basic Windows default image, pinned apps in task bar disappear, Firefox homepage tabs revert to basic welcome...
  6. After attempting to reset windows pc doesn't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After attempting to reset windows pc doesn't boot: Today I tried to wipe my hardrive through windows 10 and it did so, at first I did keep my files which got stuck at 88% for 3 hours, so I turned my pc off and went into recovery, then I decided to wipe my while disc I have a media creation usb which doesn't do anything as now...
  7. Wndows 10 does't boot after restart the PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wndows 10 does't boot after restart the PC: Good day. There was a problem booting Windows 10 after rebooting the system. What's happening: Windows 10 boots normally after switching on PC, everything works as it should. If I decide to restart the PC, then the Windows 10 download hangs in the picture with the Windows...
  8. PC doesn't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesn't restart: Whenever I try to manually restart the system or the pc auto restart to install update,the display doesn't show up and a blue light blinks in cpu power button I already tried reinstalling /updating display driver but it still persist...
  9. PC doesn't restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn't restart: After the upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, my pc is not starting after closing it. I have to unplug the computer, wait for some seconds and then plug it again. Then I press the power button and it starts. Thank you...
  10. PC Running Slow, now doesn't boot into Windows after restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Running Slow, now doesn't boot into Windows after restart.: Yesterday I was using my computer as normal, playing some Overwatch, downloading a mod for Witcher 3, when it started to act really strangely slow. My CPU usage was near 100% but from Task Manager there were no programs open that had high usage. Spotify wouldn't load a...