Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't boot and recovery does not allow me to access command line

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't boot and recovery does not allow me to access command line in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My wife's windows 10 just BSoD and shows the error: Critial_Process_Died I've tried to boot recovery but all the advances modes ends up with that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GajoDeRamalde, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot and recovery does not allow me to access command line

My wife's windows 10 just BSoD and shows the error: Critial_Process_Died

• I've tried to boot recovery but all the advances modes ends up with that error
    • I've tried to uninstall updates/run command line and asks me for a account password - and even though I enter the right password it's says it's not correct (I used the password to long in to the Microsoft account so it's working)
    • I've used a Linux Mint USB stick and it runs fine. I can even access the hard disk and browse files. (I can find the C:/Users/"user"/Desktop folder though)

Can someone help me?

Thanks

submitted by /u/GajoDeRamalde
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GajoDeRamalde, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows 10 doesn't boot and recovery does not allow me to access command line :)

Naki, Mar 9, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Mar 9, 2021
  4. ryanly Win User

Windows 10 doesn't boot and recovery does not allow me to access command line

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't boot and recovery does not allow me to access command line

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot and recovery does not allow me to access command line - Similar Threads - doesn't boot recovery

2. Why doesn't the command line stay fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't the command line stay fixed: ? I want to change the standard user to an administrator in Windows 7. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-command-line-stay-fixed/4fd69ea8-ad5c-459a-810e-7758a5964d54
  3. Why doesn't the command line stay fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't the command line stay fixed: ? I want to change the standard user to an administrator in Windows 7. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-command-line-stay-fixed/4fd69ea8-ad5c-459a-810e-7758a5964d54
  4. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  5. Windows 10 Command Line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Command Line: Microsoft Windows [Version 10_____________________] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\_________>d: D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" D:\> 1 Is there a way to use the command CLS to clear only a portion of contents on a screen? 2 The above code...
  6. Windows 10 Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Command Line: In the following code I want to erase the second instance of D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" How can I do that? Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1016] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Coover> d: D:\> :: move program execution from the...
  7. EFS certificate created by ME doesn't allow ME to access encrypted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFS certificate created by ME doesn't allow ME to access encrypted files: Guys I tried to open my encrypted files pictures and videos and they aren't letting me. I may have reset my password as i've been using my pin for so long and the password was local so i reset the password by creating an administrator and changing my password. After that i...
  8. Access windows 10 stopwatch from command line.

in Windows 10 Support
    Access windows 10 stopwatch from command line.: Is it possible to start and stop the windows 10 stopwatch from the command line. I can open the app using the shell:startup trick but unless I use autohotkey or powershell (when I might as well use them for a stopwatch package). I would like to start the stopwatch when a...
  9. Windows 10 ISO Command Line - Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 ISO Command Line - Recovery Environment: Hello everyone, I am having massive issues with my Windows 10 (on a Lenovo, so luckily I have a NOVO button, which allows me to boot), which all started after a broken display. Windows refused to start properly with the new display connected, although I was (at that...
  10. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...