Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LaurelS., Jan 6, 2019.

1. LaurelS. Win User

Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I hover over Shutdown or Restart says "closes all apps."

tia

las

:)

LaurelS., Jan 6, 2019
  2. Catper Win User

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

yeah it works but i have another problem with this combination.

Shutdown/Restart shortcut force windows to shutdown without letting other apps to save their data, that is a bit nuisance.

for eg:

Utorrent is force closed and when i start the pc, it re-calculate all the toorents in the list even those that are already downloaded and currently in seeding state. It happens when utorrent is not closed properly.

So is there any way to NORMALLY shutdown/restart/loggoff/lock windows pc?

Catper, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 and the shutdown button

Duh, you're right.

r - restart
    s - shutdown

full shutdown command is:

shutdown /s /t 0

Drone, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

little cat, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

1. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart - Similar Threads - doesn't close apps

2. Apps not closing in Windows-10; shutdown stalling and taking too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not closing in Windows-10; shutdown stalling and taking too long: I am trying to resolve a set of performance issues with Windows 10 related to apps not being closed when the app is supposed to be closed i.e., still running in the background, when there is a shutdown stalling the S/D process, and the apps resume themselves in the background...
  3. How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 News
    How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart: [ATTACH]If you want to change the time interval for which Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart, you need to edit the value […] This article How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart first appeared on...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart: Hi, I usually do hibernate my PC until I have recently noticed the problem that my PC is not shutting down or restarts, no matter whatever ways I tried. It goes to display like "Shutting Down"or "Restarting" and then it stalls. I have kept it for hours, but no change, which...
  5. Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...: Here is another complaint found in August 2011. Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again...
  6. How to force close app and shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force close app and shutdown?: My windows 10 file explorer is not responding sometimes and it's been the 4th times. I don't know why. I wanted to restart explorer proces from task manager but task manager isn't working either. So I restart explorer using the restart explorer.bat file on the desktop that...
  7. windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart: windows does not close programs when I do a shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-close-opened-programs-when-i-do/0fc0a49e-c8bb-48a4-84ea-0219780ee73d
  8. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?: When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force close all of them without displaying end task dialog ? Thanks 129866
  9. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown: Hello, Since Windows 10 my laptop (i5 2410, HD3000+7400M) doesn't shutdown: it goes blank and in the best case it restarts (sometimes 1 in 10, it stops correctly). It does this with a NEW Windows without any drivers from Internet or installed by myself. It is fine when...
  10. Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off: On my computer with Windows 10 OS, I sometimes saw strange messages saying that there is other user logged in when trying to shutdown or restart the computer. It turned out that Windows 10 preserves running programs in your account and does NOT log you off when you shutdown...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i shut down will my apps close

2. windows close app and restart

3. shut down doesnt close all apps win 10

4. windows 10 doesnt close apps on shutdown,
  5. shutdown doesnt close my apps,
  6. when i shut down my pc why doesnt close all applications,
  7. windows 10 force all apps close on restart